Motion Detection - Monitor Only

Sorry - I know it’s in the manual but I’m drowning in there at the moment.

I have dogs and would like to have the motion detectors armed but not on alarm, just monitoring so I can see if they are getting kicked off. I have already bothered Central Monitor a couple times and hate to waste their time.

Can I set the Zone to 05 - Day Zone or 23 - No response to see Monitor results but no alarms?

Thanks,

Scott

Do you mean just for testing purposes or do you want to use them permanently that way and only receive notifications when motion is detected without triggering an alarm?

This post will help if it’s for testing purposes:

Thank you - that post was exactly what I needed!

Thanks,

Scott

Amanda -

I followed that post and it helped immensely, thank you.

I have set my motion detectors to 23 – No Response and setup activity monitoring. I am getting hits on the Alarm.com history showing the motion detectors activated. However there are large time gaps between the events being logged.

I am still installing the system and have done the walk test on the Resolution RE210P, however I have not done the 2GIG’s built in full system test yet.

Is it normal for the motion detectors to only report period movement after being tripped initially (no alarm – just activity monitor). The door I have on monitor shows each open/close.
Second question – while testing the motion detectors, I armed the system and let them go off, however all my attempts to disarm failed. I tried my user code, 1111, the installer code, disarming via Alarm.com’s website, the key fox (still currently set to allow disarming an active alarm).

I have your Gold ADC with 24/7 monitoring – hence two way voice. I have set the delay to 45 seconds in hopes that I could get it disarmed before they call. Am I doing something wrong or expecting the wrong thing here?

Thanks,

Scott

The motion detectors require a few minutes to reset after being activated, so I would not expect them to react to continued movement like you’d see a door react to being opened and closed repeatedly.

By setting the delay to 45, do you mean the entry delay? This means that when you enter you’d have 45 seconds to put in your code before setting off the alarm, rather than you have 45 seconds to turn the alarm off once its activated.

I believe I set the Q-35 Select abort window dialer
delay to 45 seconds. But even there they were on and calling me before I could cancel the alarm and I tried via the Disarm Code(s), the Key Fob, and the website.

Fine if a real situation but if I set it off accidentally and want to disarm arm it once the alarm starts I should be able to I would think? Could easily be operator error here as well.

I am on the Verizon card - I have seen there have been numerous issues with that over the last few days but it appears they were resolved by yesterday.

Thanks again,

Scott

The dialer abort window is a global time period for dialer delay, but the delay feature itself is enabled and disabled on a per sensor basis.

If you want to turn on dialer delay for a sensor, in programming find the appropriate zone and navigate down to the “dialer delay” option. Enabling this will make it so that sensor does not report alarms until after the defined dialer abort window time period.

Sorry - still need one more bit of clarification on the whole alarm issue, if you miss the delay period and the alarm goes to ADC Central - can you still disarm the alarm yourself or will that automatically mean ADC will call you and they will disable the alarm? I have the two way voice, but what would happen in this case if you did not have the two way voice as well?

Thanks and sorry to keep going on this. Just want to be sure I fully understand.

Thanks,

Scott

If the alarm goes off, you will either have to turn it off yourself, or it will time out. It can not be turned off remotely by Alarm.com or suretyDIY’s staff. If the alarm signal is forwarded through ADC to our central station then the call list will be activated. 2way voice, which allows the central station to attempt to contact you through the panel in addition to your call list, will be activated as well if the alarm signal is sent to the central station.

While this page does not show two-way voice specifically, it may be helpful in understanding how signals from your sensors ultimately end up in various responses (emergency dispatch, notifications on your phone, ect).