Monitoring in Florida / Switching from Brinks

Good morning,
My home security system is currently being monitored by Brinks Home previous Livewatch/Safemart. Since being switched to Brinks Home customer support is non existent and you can barely make any changes to an account without calling or chatting which can take hours or days (no exaggeration).

A few things, what is required to move from Brinks to Surety.

1. Do you monitor is the State of Florida? I read in a few places that Surety does not monitor in Florida but they were relatively old posts.

2. What does Brinks need to do in order to make my panel usable with Surety Home? My current panel is a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 on Verizon network.

3. Any other items I am missing? What would be the best plan for me from Surety? I currently have Door Locks, Indoor Video camera and Video doorbell with Analytics.

I agree 100% u can barley get ahold of them

Do you monitor is the State of Florida? I read in a few places that Surety does not monitor in Florida but they were relatively old posts.

Yes we do. Those would have been old posts.

What does Brinks need to do in order to make my panel usable with Surety Home? My current panel is a Qolsys IQ Panel 2 on Verizon network

The current Alarm.com account through them must be cancelled. Once the Alarm.com account is cancelled the panel will be unregistered and can be activated on our website.

Any other items I am missing? What would be the best plan for me from Surety? I currently have Door Locks, Indoor Video camera and Video doorbell with Analytics.

For that you would want the Complete plan. You can get started here:

All service is month to month and you can change your plan and features around at any time on our website after activation.

Thank you, Jason. Hopefully in 30 days I will be able to switch, I started the cancellation process with Brinks.

Make sure to stay on them able release the communicator also watch and make sure they don’t try bill u after ur cancel because it has been done before

Good luck. I just went through the nightmare process to cancel brinks and have them release my alarm.com equipment/module. Prepare to spend hours upon hours talking to multiple people/on hold to get them to release the alarm.com well after the 30 days cancellation period.

1 Like

Yes it’s a sad process but once ur out of away from them it’s like a free feeling

Good news! I am now officially a Surety Home user. Brinks Homes monitoring was officially deactivated on 2/24/22. And then had to spend another 1.5 hr to 2 hrs today to get them to delete alarm.com and release my cell communicator. The hassle was worth it to get rid of them completely.

Welcome aboard it such a relief leaving them

Welcome, and let us know if you have questions. Many features are accessible through the system manager here.

Here in CA, I’m planning to cancel Brinks as well and switch…Hopefully my process will be smooth. If not, I’ll post to complain.

How was your experience getting them to release your communicator? Did you have any issues?

My experience with cancelling Brinks. Just alot of holding on the phone and patience. Then after my 30 days and it was officially cancelled I had to call again and be on hold more then they cancelled my alarm.com account and then released the communicator.