Monitoring contract questions

While signing up, can I create an account with Alarm.com independently of and before signing a contract with Surety? Or can that only be done as part of establishing a monitoring contract with Surety?

If I want to discontinue monitoring, do I send a private message or do I call up? How fast is it put into effect? For example if I send a message on January 20th, would it be possible to stop automatic charges to my credit card or bank account by January 30th?

Hey!

Purchasing service through Surety and creating the Alarm.com account go hand in hand. First you purchase the service plan, then you fill out the necessary info to create the new Alarm.com account.

Provided your cellular module is ready for service, the whole process from service plan purchase to account creation and activation takes about five minutes.

Alarm.com does not provide service sales directly to users. Service is set up through a provider.

Service through Surety is offered on a month to month basis. As such, service can be altered at any time. Account cancellations can be requested directly through your Surety Account dashboard, and typically can be scheduled for the next business day as the earliest option (on a business day you can reach out via private message and have cancellation performed right away though).

Account cancellations can only be processed by our team during normal business hours Monday-Friday.

You can view our General Policies and T’s and C’s here.

How long does it take to sign up for the self monitoring contract? If I have to change from self monitoring to central station monitoring, how fast can that be done?

Setting up the self monitoring account takes about the same amount of time, about five minutes. Slightly less than service with professional monitoring as you don’t have to fill out contacts/passwords for a call list.

You can add professional monitoring to an existing account at any time through the System Manager feature.

It takes as long as it would take to fill out the contact/password information for the central station call list. The professional monitoring account would then be active, albeit in Test Mode.

Test mode could then be removed or extended through the System Manager feature of the Surety Account.