Monitoring Alarm response time

Just curious - new to monitoring service - so if we have a false alarm (forget to turn off or other) - do we have any time to disable the alarm before we get a call or will they call every time?

When you disarm the system after an alarm it will send an abort signal to the monitoring center. If they received the abort signal before they call, then the operator will disregard as long as it is a burglary alarm. It usually takes them 15-20 seconds to call in my experience, so there is a pretty decent window to cancel it. I believe they will still call for all other alarm types.

If you have a dialer delay enabled, then the alarm signal won’t be sent to the monitoring center until the timer runs out. If you disarm before the timer runs out, then the signal won’t be sent.

Default procedures can be found here if you need them.

Looks like there is a good answer here already. Just confirming that there are a few things which play into the response time and whether or not a call will occur, and the response expectation will be determined by how you have your service set up.

As the other poster mentioned, Dialer Delay, which is a setting controlled on your panel, and the time it takes for you to disarm will be the biggest influences on response. Read about these features at the above links.

In addition, Two Way Voice will delay phone calls if enabled, and if you enable the Text Chat feature in system manager this will also add a delay, allowing you time to interact with the text chat and confirm or disregard through that feature.

For residential use, do you still recommend disabling dialer delay entirely on IQ panels, or leaving a short period? The article you linked indicates you were disabling dialer delay on IQ2 panels and wanted to see if this is still the route to go. On the IQ4 I purchased from Surety the SIA Limits were enabled so I could only set dial delay down to 15 seconds. Now that I know about SIA Limits I am wondering if I should disable that so I can set delay to 0 seconds.

In general I do recommend disabling dialer delay unless you have a reason to use it. If you find that you set off the alarm somewhat frequently when entering it would be a good idea to first adjust entry delay, and then add dialer delay as a false alarm prevention option. Also, if you have family members who are inconsistent with their usage of the alarm system, dialer delay is more valuable.