Migrating Monitoring Service

I’m interested in learning what steps to take to transfer my currently working GE Networx NX-8V system monitoring to Surety monitoring. I used Surety monitoring for my Dad’s 2GIG system I installed and was very pleased with the service.

I don’t really know any details of the current monitoring, it is a local company that charges too much. I’m not sure how cooperative they would be to help with the change. I do have a cellular connection instead of a land line…

Any tips on how to proceed?

Happy to help!

The first thing to check would be whether or not the module could possibly be used with a new account. 3G cellular communicators can no longer be used in account activation.

You can tell if the module is 4G in a couple ways, first, what is the firmware version listed on the module internal sticker?

The firmware version will be listed as FW: Nxxx where xxx is the three digit version.

Also, LTE modules will have two separate antennae. Are there two antennae connected to the module?

If it is a 4G module, you could reuse it if the current provider cancels the Alarm.com account associated with it now.

You can get started with service for an existing system here on our website.

Thanks Jason for your response. Sadly it seems I have a NX-592 3G communicator in my system (only one antennae). I’m confused why it won’t work being it is currently in use with alarm.com. I’m not under contract or anything with my current provider, I purchased the communicator from them when we moved into the house. Any work arounds without buying a new comm unit? btw, I plugged the serial number into your migration assistant and it came back as “in use”

The 3G cellular networks under Verizon and AT&T have an upcoming sunset, meaning the 3G network will no longer be supported by the carrier itself. Service will no longer be available at that time. Signal level and quality will diminish in certain areas leading up to the official sunset as well.

This sunset is a couple years away, but Alarm.com will not allow accounts to be registered using 3G modules at this time. 3G module activations were disallowed in June of this year.

Signing up with Surety would typically result in a new Alarm.com account.

There are dealer transfer options though which can be explored, and I believe you can still transfer an account with a 3G module, but it would require your current provider to support the transfer.

If you would like to avoid purchasing a new module at this time, please check with your dealer to see if they would be able to transfer your account to us. If they are ok with that, please let us know!

If your dealer is ok with transferring your account, you can purchase your desired service plan on our website, then ignore the subsequent setup steps. You can place in the order notes or in a private message or email to us that you are expecting your dealer to transfer your account.

We would then provide you with a transfer pin for your dealer to use. The transfer process can take a couple business days, but all of your users, rules, and account details would remain the same.

As a follow up, I have discovered through a learning process that the program code has been changed on my system. I have a the serial device and the dl900 software to get in the backdoor, I thought. The download code has also been changed. I have contacted the company that is currently monitoring my system to retrieve the program code. They say they cannot give me that information. A position they appear hardend to.

I have a NX-592 3G communicator installed now. My question is can I purchase and install a NX-592 LTE module and activate it through Surety, will it work without getting into program mode? Any idea? Thought maybe it would work with the existing settings since the comm modules are similar. Thank you for your help so far. Dave

A Communications Test would be necessary to connect your panel to service once the new module is installed. In order to enable the ability to run a communications test, Location 37 Segment 2 Bit 7 must be enabled. To enable this, the Installer Code would need to be known (the default is 9713)

Location 37 Segment 2 Bit 6 should be disabled if you want to prevent the siren from sounding with a when running a comm test… Default panel settings have 7 off and 6 on.

To enable Location 37 Segment 2 Bit 7 if it is disabled:

1. Press [*][8] to enter programming.
  2. Enter the Installer Code (default is 9713).
  3. Press [0][#] to select the bus device to program.
  4. Press [37][#] to select the location.
  5. Press [*][7] to enable bit 7.
  6. Press [*] to save segment settings, then [#] .
  7. Press [Exit][Exit] to exit programming.

Ultimately, if Location 37 Segment 2 Bit 7 is currently enabled on your panel and you can run a Communications Test ([*][4][4]) then you could connect to service with the 4G LTE module.

Thank you Tyler, I will continue to search for a way to unlock my panel.