Migrating from 2GIG GC2 to Qolsys IQ Panel 2+

Happy to assist!

While we sell and recommend the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ w/ 345Mhz radio QS9201-5208-840 , existing 345MHz devices can be re-used with the 2GIG GC2e, GC3e, and 2GIG Edge through Alarm.com. Compatible equipment does not have to be purchased through Surety in order to be used with service.

1. Since my GC2 kit is older and it does have spelled out Emergency on the panel, will I have to program every sensor manually for IQ2+ as I would not be able to back up 2GIG?

Backup restore is not possible between 2GIG and Qolsys, any sensors/devices would need to be reprogrammed locally at the new panel.

Is it possible to convert from old 2GIG to IQ2+ without downtime?

There will likely be some downtime, but it can be minimal. Sensors can be programmed manually into the new panel before connecting it to service, however if the sensor is tripped, it will report to both alarm panels. Placing your 24/7 professional monitoring account on test mode, if you have one, during this time would be advised.

Will all of the following 2GIG detectors/sensors work with Qolsys IQ Panel 2+

All of the devices will work, you will need the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ w/ 345Mhz radio QS9201-5208-840 found here only.

This version of the Qolsys panel is compatible with legacy 345MHz sensors and DSC brand PowerG sensors. It also has a Z-Wave Plus radio, 4G LTE Verizon module and Wi-Fi.

need to replace 3 2GIG-CO3-345 detectors that are expiring after 5 years… can I purchase 2GIG‐CO8‐345 and use them with IQ2+ since they have 10 year life vs QS5210-840 that had 5 year life (need confirmation on 5 years)?

The version of the panel is not compatible with Qolsys brand 319.5MHz sensors. You would use either the 2GIG‐CO8‐345 or the PowerG Carbon PG9933 (sold elsewhere).

Please let me know if I am missing anything or if you have any additional recommendations.

Any 2GIG secondary panels, like the TS1, would not work with the Qolsys panel. Same goes for any Image Sensors, they are not natively compatible with the Qolsys panel.

The IQ Panel 2+ is compatible with two secondary keypads: The IQ Remote and the PowerG Wireless Keypad WS9LCDWF9

Z-Wave and 345Mhz sensor programming guides for the Qolsys IQ Panel 2+ can be found below: