Migrate 2gig to Qolsys

I have a 2gig panel linked to a takeover module and our wired sensors Surety installed back when they used to provide that service.

Im looking for guidance migrating to qolsys and have some questions:

1. Do I migrate the SIM card? If so, how do make sure to get the right carrier model of the qolsys?
  2. Will the qolsys recognize the 2gig take over module or do I have to get a qolsys takeover module?
  3. What other steps should I be aware of during the removal, installation and migration/adoption?
  1. Do I migrate the SIM card? If so, how do make sure to get the right carrier model of the qolsys?

No, do not do this. Moving the SIM card from a module can cause damage, they arent meant to be removed like cell phones.

Will the qolsys recognize the 2gig take over module or do I have to get a qolsys takeover module?

If you purchase the IQ Panel 4 with 345MHz radio IQP4003 found through Surety via this link only it will work with the TAKE-345 takeover module but you will need to program it in manually.

A list of compatible sensors for the IQ Panel 4 can be found here. If purchasing the IQP4003 the 345MHz and PowerG sections are relevant.

What other steps should I be aware of during the removal, installation and migration/adoption?

All sensors and Z-Wave devices need to be programmed into the Qolsys panel manually. A list of guides can be found here:

When swapping panels, you can keep your Alarm.com account active, no need to cancel (unless you plan on being down for a prolonged period of time). You can swap the cell module associated with your ADC account via the System Manager tab in your Surety login when ready to switch).

Whenever you remove a panel, be sure to disarm and power it down first (unplug power supply from the wall, open the panel and disconnect the internal battery) to ensure you do not damage it.

The IQ Panel 4 must be powered via its included 7V power supply, do not use the pre-existing one from 2GIG.

The Qolsys panel includes a cable, but a pre-existing run can be used so long as it meets the following reqiurement found on page 12 of the installation manual:

• Use 18AWG wire no longer than 98.5ft to ensure sufficient power is received at the panel.
    • The minimum permissible wire size shall not be smaller than 22 AWG

Thank you for the reply. Is programming my hard-wired zones simpler if I get the Qolsys takeover module and swap the 2gig with it?

Is it recommended to use hardwired zones if they exist or is it now suggested to just go all wireless? (Obviously a bigger cost)

Thank you for the reply. Is programming my hard-wired zones simpler if I get the Qolsys takeover module and swap the 2gig with it?

The Qolsys Hardwire 16 is 319.5MHz and does not work with the above mentioned IQP4003.

You could use the IQ Hardwire PowerG which is compatible with all versions of the IQ Panel 4. It supports 8 zones and would be more work to switch over physically but it would have the benefit of encryption.

Is it recommended to use hardwired zones if they exist or is it now suggested to just go all wireless? (Obviously a bigger cost)

Not really. If the hardwired zones are already in place you should be fine. Switching them out for PowerG encrypted sensors would be beneficial but not necessary.

Thanks. I think I’ll go with the qolsys takeover module to get benefit of encryption as well as existing wired sensors

If going with the IQP4003 (PowerG and 345MHz) youll need the IQ Hardwire PowerG