Medical panic button

medical panic button is not working. I have replaced the battery but the light doesn’t come on & I have tried testing it but it doesn’t work please help

Did you install the battery correctly as it pertains to polarity? Is the battery new? Are you able to try a different battery?

battery is in correctly and it is a brand new battery … tried 3 different band new ones and it still doesn’t work

So that we can best assist, what model of panic button are you using?

In general panic buttons tend to require holding the button down for a couple seconds to activate. If you are just pressing the button once that may suggest why it isn’t triggering. Try holding the button. (make sure that your account is on test mode in the System Manager if you have professional monitoring.)

Hello,

I wanted to get your recommendations on how to configure a Qolsys fall detection pendant and some legacy GE push button devices on the Qolsys IQ4. I know how to enroll them in the panel but want to get your advice on which sensor group(s) to use as well as any consideration / instructions for the central station monitoring I have through Surety.

Ideally, I would like some local acknowledgement / alert (but not have the sirens activate) so that the person pressing the button knew that help would be coming while at the same time gave them a chance to react if an accidental button push or false fall detection occurred. I would like the central station to call the premises and try the 2-way audio first and then call the fire department (not police) for these sensors.

Is group 25 best for this situation and will the central station dispatch fire if no “all clear” is given?

Thanks for your help as always.

Doug

Is group 25 best for this situation and will the central station dispatch fire if no “all clear” is given?

No, Group 25 is a non-reporting type only used for notifications or chimes.

If you want it to report to the monitoring station, Sensor Group 7 would be a Silent (no alarm) auxiliary alarm, which should cover what you need.