Malfunctioning Sensors - Frustrated New Customer

Just installed my equipment. Still have key fobs, fire, carbon monoxide, glass and motion sensors Including outdoor cameras to go. What is your refund policy? I spent over $3500 on equipment with you guys to suddenly have 9 door and window sensors report as malfunctioning all at the same time out of nowhere. I tried to reboot my IQ-4 panel that didn’t work. I’ve spent hours trying to figure this out. It sucks I cannot just get a live person on the line to help me. I regret buying this system from Surety. Can someone assist me ? I need to know what your refund policy is.

I am sorry to hear you are running into these issues, but I am happy to assist!

Regarding troubleshooting, the Malfunction trouble condition indicates that the RF sensor is unable to properly communicate with the alarm panel.

Rebooting the panel itself is unlikely to resolve a Malfunction for one, or a few sensors.

• Distance: Ensure that the sensor is within range of the alarm panel.
  • Impedance: An object may be blocking the frequency transmission between the sensor and the panel.
    • Metal (HVAC, wire, etc.)
    • Large Appliances (TVs, Refrigerators, etc.)
    • Mirrors
  • Drained battery: Battery can be borderline low and not report a low battery to the system but still cause a malfunction.

Steps to resolve:

1. Verify the sensor is installed well within range from the panel, and/or try relocating the sensor closer to the panel.
  2. Verify the panel and sensor are not separated by metal.
  3. If it is a door or smoke sensor, try changing the plane of the sensor’s wireless communication with the panel by rotating the sensor 90 degrees. If it is a motion sensor, try moving it to a different wall.
  4. Delete from programming, then re-add.
  5. Replace the batteries, as they may be depleted.

Some questions to better assist:

• How far away from the panel are the sensors located?
  • What type of material are they mounted on?

From our return policy (found here)

Orders may be returned within 30 days of purchase only if equipment is still in full working order with no visible damage or wear and tear and is returned complete, in the undamaged original packaging

All service and support through Surety is handled online. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM EST.