Malfunction (Samsung SM-G973U1)

One of the users on my alarm system is showing “Malfunction (Samsung SM-G973U1)” on alarm.com. The Samsung phone is working fine connecting to the alarm panel. I don’t know what is causing this or how to clear the error.

If you open the Alarm.com mobile app on that phone and pick Geo-Services from the menu are geoservices enabled?

Sounds like there Bluetooth might be off

If you have Geo-Services enabled and the phone doesn’t check in with Alarm.com and report it’s location for 24 hours then you’ll get that trouble condition.

If you don’t want a malfunction notice when a geo-services enabled mobile device doesn’t check in you can turn off the notification using the Alarm.com Website.

Note: This only applies to Android devices.

1. Log into the Alarm.com Website.
  2. Click Settings.
  3. Click Geo-Services
  4. Click the name of the Geo-Device to be edited.
  5. Click to uncheck Report Malfunction if Device fails to check in for 24 hours.
  6. Click Save.

Have you created any Geo-Fences? Or do you intend to? If not, then you might want to just disable Geo-Services in the mobile app.

Thank you all for your quick replies. The problem has been resolved. Honestly, I am not sure how it was resolved, we were out all yesterday afternoon and when I checked the status in the evening when we returned home, the error message was gone…
Many Thanks!!
Florida

Are you planning to use geo-services with that phone?