Main and remote panel on secure IoT VLAN

Hello

After placing my main IQ Panel 2+ and remote panel on a SSID that is on a secure IoT VLAN (Unifi environment) the remote panel lost and could not reestablish a connection to the main panel. A

After a factory reset and moving back into my main LAN the problem resolved and I was successful in pairing. I have seen external attack threats on the Quolsys panel recently and I really want lock this down on a secure VLAN to protect my main network.

Are there ports I need to open to ensure the main panel and remote panel can talk to each other within the same VLAN? I tried enabling mDNS but it didn’t seem to help.

Thx in advance S

I’m not aware of any particular port settings for that purpose. I’ve not tried setting it up this way, just trying to think of potential differences between that and a standard LAN.

Encryption type must be WPA/WPA2/PSK.

Qolsys recommends “High” firewall settings be disabled as a troubleshooting step, which is pretty nebulous, so I’m not sure how likely it is that your setup would work with the IQ Remote.

FYI the IQ Panel has an Access Point mode you can use to connect your IQ Remote directly to it rather than through the LAN. This may be a better route to try in this case.

You may also run into issues with streaming video to the IQ panel, etc.

Thanks Jason

I was able to set up a firewall rule enabling traffic from the remote to the main panel with IP addresses. Set them to fixed and now everything seems to be fine.