Lutron Shades and Echo

Can Alexa (Echo) control Lutron shades? I cannot figure out what to say to get it to do so

Lutron instructions for integrating Amazon Echo can be found here.

So right now I have my Lutron Shades working with Alarm.com. vs utilizing the Lutron Connect hardwaree and app on my phone. It looks like the instructions require you to buy additional components (Connect Bridge) to get your blinds on Lutron’s system so you can you Alexa.

Since I can push buttons within the ADC app to raise an lower my blinds, I would think you could just open and close blinds via Echo via ADC just like lights.

Is this not the case?

Which Lutron control system are you using with the shades? Is it Radio Ra2 or Caseta?

Radio Ra2

Ok I have the same system and just added the Alexa integration. You are right, it looks like shades are not supported through the Alarm.com/Lutron integration, but lights work fine. I also have a Connect Bridge so I can raise/lower shades with Alexa through that, but that doesn’t help you.

Also, do you also notice that shades are not grouped by room name in the Alarm.com app whereas the lights and keypads are? Makes it impossible for me to uniquely identify many of my shades since I have 3 shades labeled “left”. In the Lutron app it shows them as “Living room left” or “Dining room left”.

Dino

Dinom,

Just to Clarify, you need the connect bridge to get alexa to work with the shades? How much did you pay for the connect bridge?

I simply labeled mine: Family room: window, Fmaily Room: slider. I do that throught he Radio RA software on my PC.

I don’t think you can change names on the ADC website. Perhaps Suretycam can chime in on that.

Yes you need the Connect Bridge to use Alexa with Lutron shades. I don’t remember how much I paid exactly, but maybe $175?

I don’t think you can change names on the ADC website. Perhaps Suretycam can chime in on that.

No, the names themselves must be altered in Lutron software.

You can use the Amazon echo app, go to routines and set the name to whatever you want and then select the ADC named shade in devices and it will link it

So the shade may be labeled family room shade in ADC

You go to the app, routines and set it to “Alexa, open elephant” and then select the shade in devices. So now when you say Alexa, open elephant it will open the ADC shade you select.