Lutron Integration Questions

I have Homeworks QSX and I have integrated it into ADC. A few issues/questions that I have with the integration so far:

• I’ve seemed to have maxed out the number of lights/shades I can integrate. Is there a way to increase the limit size? I’m about 10 shy I still need to integrate.
  • It looks like the lights integrate and are in alphabetical order. However, shades look to have imported on when it was added. Is there a way to sort them alphabetically or manually arrange them?
  • For lights you can create groups. But for shades, I do not see a way to group shades. A workaround is to create a scene for shades per room, but I’m not sure why you can group lights and not shades.
  • Once I integrate ADC with Alexa, will I be able to use voice control for all the Lutron lights/shades? So, I shouldn’t add Lutron to Alexa as it would cause duplication?

Thanks for the help!

I’ve seemed to have maxed out the number of lights/shades I can integrate. Is there a way to increase the limit size? I’m about 10 shy I still need to integrate.

I’m not aware of a specific limit. Are you seeing an error informing you of a limit?

I do see you have a very extensive list of Lutron devices, running an equipment list check it has found one more device.

Can you confirm the device IDs for anything you have added that is not in Alarm.com?

It looks like the lights integrate and are in alphabetical order. However, shades look to have imported on when it was added. Is there a way to sort them alphabetically or manually arrange them?

The devices cannot be manually reordered at this time, happy to provide this as feedback for Alarm.com.

For lights you can create groups. But for shades, I do not see a way to group shades. A workaround is to create a scene for shades per room, but I’m not sure why you can group lights and not shades.

Shades are a newer inclusion in ADC and typically we see far fewer shades than lights. This is another good bit of feedback for large systems. I’ll let ADC know you are looking for group functions for shades.

Once I integrate ADC with Alexa, will I be able to use voice control for all the Lutron lights/shades? So, I shouldn’t add Lutron to Alexa as it would cause duplication?

Yes, all should be supported

When I try to add a device, I receive an error that says “Something went wrong, please try again.” However, if I uncheck any previously added device in Lutron, and try to add the other light again, then it will add without an issue. I believe when setting up the Lutron integration, it told me I could choose 65 devices (if I’m recalling correctly) but I can’t seem to find where it says that again. I know on Qolsys for certain items you could increase limits, but not sure if that is also an option with Lutron.

That would be great feedback, I imagine from a dev standpoint, it should be fairly easy to make this happen.

It seems they should simply mimic the light section in the shade section - alpha sort and also grouping. If you want to have one button to turn on all the lights in the office, you would want one button to turn on all the shades in the office. Thanks for passing on the feature request.

I believe when setting up the Lutron integration, it told me I could choose 65 devices…I know on Qolsys for certain items you could increase limits, but not sure if that is also an option with Lutron.

The Qolsys panel automation limits are for Z-wave devices on the panel specifically. A lutron limitation would be a hard limit which cannot be edited.