Thought I would tie up this thread with a summary of my experimentation.
I installed a few Lutron dimmers, with the intention of installing a Lutron Smart Bridge Pro, and having it connected with ADC. Unfortunately, I was not terribly impressed with the Lutron dimmers. Although they seem to be well regarded, they didn’t work well with of my LED fixtures and bulbs (several different brands and models) – while they dimmed smoothly and reliably, the bulbs would only dim to about 25%, and no lower. This might be related to the fact that the Lutron dimmers have no neutral wire, unlike most Z-wave devices. Good for older homes with no neutral wiring in the light boxes, but maybe not so good for performance.
So I abandoned that idea, and decided to go with Z-wave dimmers and switches (Linear). These worked much better with my LED bulbs, allowing dimming down to 5% or so. But I wanted to be able to control my A/V room lights with my Logitech Home Control remote, and since I had abandoned the Lutron Smart Bridge idea, I purchased a SmartThings hub, which interfaces with the Logitech remote.
Predictably, after installing the SmartThings hub, I ended up moving over all my Z-wave switches, as well as my thermostat and Schlage lock, and then spent the last several weeks testing it out. I also tried a couple times to set up the SmartThings hub as a primary controller, and the 2Gig panel as a secondary, but I could never get the lock to work with both (I’ve noticed a few threads about folks using Vera as a primary controller having similar problems).
While the SmartThings hub and application is quite powerful, with the ability to build much more sophisticated rules than ADC, I found that it was difficult to keep track of the interrelations between rules (particularly since there is no web control – phone only), which led to confusion and unintended results. Eventually, I transferred all my devices (except for the A/V lights, which are still controlled with Logitech/SmartThings) back to the 2Gig panel, because the ADC rules and controls are easier to setup and review via the web. And the lock works better with ADC too.
Pretty happy with how things ended up, at least for now.