LTE antenna

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Verizon LTE module from a CDMA one in my 2GIG GC2 panel. During the upgrade one of the two antennas were lost in the wall. I’ve been using the CDMA one from the old module but I’m told this isn’t the best solution.

How can I get a new set of LTE antennas?

Thank you

Hmm, that is a good question. Other than purchasing a new module I am not certain about getting replacement antennae. I do not see a separate product listed for just the antenna.

We will reach out to see if 2GIG is able to send extra antennae by themselves. We will update here when we hear word.

Alternatively, the new ANT5X just started shipping out and should be available soon. That is the attic antenna for 4G modules, and is purchased separately.

Jason,

Thanks for your response. Prior to posting here, I made 2 attempts reaching Nortek (2GIG). Their online chat is left unmanned, and I gave them 2 weeks to respond to an email before I reached out to you.

The ANT5X sounds like a good idea for me as my wildly fluctuating signal makes it seem as if I am in a fringe area. Can you confirm that the ANT5X would be compatible with my LTE module and my GC2 panel? Any idea of cost?

Thank you.

The ANT5X sounds like a good idea for me as my wildly fluctuating signal makes it seem as if I am in a fringe area. Can you confirm that the ANT5X would be compatible with my LTE module and my GC2 panel? Any idea of cost?

The ANT5X is made for 2GIG LTE modules, yes. Until it is available through suretyDIY I wouldn’t be able to provide any pricing information. I’m not finding it online as a shopping result, so it may be a little early.

Now that said, I just got off the phone with a 2GIG Rep who says that the ANT3X (the model used with 3G modules) will actually work with the 4G module. This goes against what we have heard in the past from reps.

To verify, I do see signaling inconsistencies in the past on your account, but they have been going on for quite some time. When did you lose the 4G antenna and switch to the 3G?

The panel is currently signaling with a low strength. The ANT5X is likely the best option if you know you have signal strength issues though, and should be available soon. If you would like I can have our customer service team notify you via email when the Antenna is available.

Jason,

I don’t remember exactly when I lost the 4G antenna (it was just one of the two that was lost) but it was at least a month or two ago. I was in the panel because there was an issue that made me check if the module was seated well. To be honest, the 3G antenna looked identical to the LTE one.

Yes, please have your customer service team email me when the ANT5X is available as I would like the best signal possible.

Thanks again!

Yes, please have your customer service team email me when the ANT5X is available as I would like the best signal possible.

Alright, I have sent this as a note. I do not have an ETA, but it sounds like they are available in limited quantities so it may be soon.