Low Voltage (MR-16 Bulbs) Dimmer Switch - 3 Way - Works with 2Gig

When I first got my 2 Gig system, they told me 3 Way switches would not work with the 2 Gig system at that time.

I am wondering if they do now?

I am looking at a Vizia RF VRMX1-1LZ - Z-Wave Magnetic Low-voltage Dimming Switch and then I would have the accesory switch that goes with it.

Does anyone know if things have changed and that you can use a 3 way z-wave wall switch with the 2 gig panel.

I need it to have dimming, Low voltage for magnetic transformers.

Who told you that?

Lots of us have been using the 3way zwave switches for years. GE, Evolve, etc.

Do you have a really old hardware version of the 2GIG panel, with the older 2.78 zwave version (does your emergency button say “Emergency” or does it have three symbols)?

2 Gig tech support a while back.

Just to be clear, I am referring to the switches where one has a dimmer on switch and then there is another switch that just turns it off and on and both switches control the same lights.

I am talking about 3-way zwave GE/Jasco switches that also dim… I don’t actually use the dimmers myself (I use the regular GE/Jasco zwave 3way switches), but others do, and you can get the GE zwave 3way dimmer from Lowes for like $40 (iris aisle).

http://www.lowes.com/campaign/iris/pdf/45639%20manual%20ENG.pdf

Here is some info on the best 3way dimmers for 2GIG if you have LED and CFL (I use the GE/Jasco 3way with CFL, but the 3way GE dimmers are not recommended for LED):

For Zwave 3 Way circuits where a slave transmitter is used, you will need a controller with an associate function. We typically recommend using the minimote. Can be just learned into the 2GIG panel then used as a scene controller and to associate 3 way transmitters with the primary load switch.

Just as a FYI, if you have low voltage lighting (typically what MR-16 bulbs are plugged into) you need to identify if you have an electronic or magnetic transformer. Then you have to get a matching magnetic or electronic low voltage z-wave switch. The only company I have found that makes these are Leviton. The “universal” switches you see everywhere are not designed for low voltage applications.