Low Ceiling Qolsys Motion Sensors

I recently purchased the Qolsys IQ4 panel with some IQ Motion S sensors. The manual states the motion sensor should be placed at 7.5ft. My basement ceiling is approximately 6 ft 8 inches. Can I still use these motion sensors? Where should I place these sensors in this situation?

Oh yes, you can definitely place them in your basement, of course all the way to the top. The height recommendations are usually based on their testing especially when it comes to pet immunity but overall, at that height the sensors should still work as intended.

Thank you!

1 Like

Oh yes, you can definitely place them in your basement, of course all the way to the top. The height recommendations are usually based on their testing especially when it comes to pet immunity but overall, at that height the sensors should still work as intended.

Just a caveat: there are impacts to installing at a height different than the manual states.

The sensors will have a bit shorter range than stated and pet immunity will not work as intended.

If the full range isn’t needed and there are no pets, then you should be fine.

Full range is not needed. The two areas are small. A 10x10 room and a 5x10 hallway.