Lost thermostat

It’s 80 degrees in my house the thermostat is lost and it’s on emergency heat

the thermostat is lost

I am confused on this description of the thermostat being lost, was the thermostat physically removed from the wall? Do you have no thermostat connected but the HVAC is still running? That would suggest the wiring is shorted.

Or do you mean the thermostat is still there but not communicating with your alarm system? You can still interact with the thermostat itself and turn off heat in this case. This would require someone being on site where the thermostat is located.

It looks like you may be referencing a Honeywell T6 thermostat is that the correct model?

A user guide on controlling that thermostat with instructions on changing the mode, etc. away from em heat is found here.

It’s not working and it’s blowing out hot air. Now it’s 84° in my house. Why can’t someone call me?

Thank you,

Lynne

I’m sorry but I don’t have never had a panel like this and I have no clue and what you are sending me isn’t working working.

Thank you,

Lynne

I reached out on the 26th and said that something was wrong and I reset some things and probably messed the entire system up. Then the system went into emergency heat. Now I am back and it’s blowing out hot air still.

I can’t seem to reach a real person so what am I paying for???

Thank you,

Lynne

Surety support is performed online. We do not offer phone support. Surety is a DIY Alarm.com service provider.

The only thermostat connected to the system linked to this username currently is reporting as a Honeywell T6.

So that we can best assist, is that the thermostat you are referencing? If not, what is the model number of the thermostat?

If the thermostat screen is completely unresponsive (I mean on the physical thermostat, not in the Alarm.com app, not the alarm panel), then I would recommend pulling that thermostat off its base to stop the HVAC, then it would be recommended to replace the thermostat.

If the thermostat can be controlled via its screen/buttons then please use the guide here to set the mode as needed. You’ll want to turn it off.

The relevant instructions from the manual:

1 Press the Mode button to cycle to the next
available System mode.
2 Cycle through the modes until the required System mode is displayed and leave it to activate.
NOTE: Available System modes vary by model and system settings.
System modes:
‒ Auto
‒ Heat
‒ Cool
‒ Em Heat
Off

Now it’s 87° and I’ll probably have a stroke.

Thank you,

Lynne

Is this the thermostat you have?

Turn off the thermostat.

1 Press the Mode button to cycle to the next
available System mode.
2 Cycle through the modes until the required System mode is displayed and leave it to activate.
NOTE: Available System modes vary by model and system settings.
System modes:
‒ Auto
‒ Heat
‒ Cool
‒ Em Heat
Off

If you cannot stop it you may have an HVAC error and you should call a local HVAC installer for service.

If it is an emergency and you are unable to turn it off I would recommend immediately calling a local HVAC company with 24/7 response.

1 Like