Lost Several Sensors Overnight

Lost most of my Zwave lights, both thermostats. Any ideas where to start?

Were you making any changes to the Z-wave network or programming any new devices before this occurred?

I’ve seen rare instances of a Z-wave radio reset after a power surge due to storms usually, but that has historically resulted in all devices lost. It would be strange for some devices to remain, and unlikely the same issue.

Are the devices missing on the panel as well as in ADC?

If they are no longer visible in the panel device list, you would need to perform a Remove Device on each (this is still necessary, it clears the device’s internally saved parent network info), then Add Device on each, one by one to re-add.

To clear the Z-wave device navigate to Services → Z-Wave → Wrench Icon → Remove Devices and follow the individual z-wave devices pair/clear procedure. Then add each device back in to the panel (Services → Z-Wave → Wrench Icon → Add Devices)

After removing/re-adding the Z-Wave devices back in, you will want to run a Z-Wave Network Rediscovery once the Z-Wave devices are learned in and in their final installation location. To run a Z-Wave network rediscover navigate to Services → Z-Wave → Wrench Icon → Advanced Toolbox → Rediscover Network.

Sorry for the late reply here-- I got things working for now.

We had a tree hit a power line a few months ago and I had the same issue-- no zwave sensors were connecting. Got everything working again and unlearning/relearning all the sensors. The electrician said that the main breaker did not flip and the house got “juiced” with 240volts. Most appliances were not damaged but a few things were acting abnormally including the alarm system.

Fast forward a few months and the system did the same thing. I got it back to normal.

Would this indicate my panel might have suffered some kind of long term damage from earlier in the year?

A power surge may have caused damage of course, but that is hard to say with certainty.

The 2GIG GC2 is known to experience issues with the Z-wave radio dropping devices in some cases of power outage, which likely stems from power surges. That hasn’t historically meant it is permanent damage.