Loss of Supervision

I have a back door thin sensor sending an alarm “Loss of Supervision" and does not acknowledge when the door is open. I changed the batteries, but still occurring. Any thoughts?

Has it worked before and suddenly stopped working? Or has it never worked since you installed the system?

How far is the sensor from the control panel? If you take down the sensor and bring it close to the control panel, does it work then? You can take down the sensor without having to remove the base/cover from the wall. Once the sensor has been removed from the base, if you lightly hold down the little black tamper switch on the circuit board then the sensor will think the cover is on and will operate normally. You’ll just need a magnet to hold next to sensor for testing opening and closing the door. You can use one of the other door magnets in a location that you know currently works and just hold the sensor up to that magnet by the 3 lines ||| on the side of the sensor. Also you should be seeing tamper alerts on the control panel when you remove the sensor cover.

If you can get it to work by testing it in another location then you might need a 2GIG wireless repeater. If it doesn’t work at all even close to the panel then I’d say either there’s a problem with the sensor or it isn’t programmed correctly in the control panel.

Ryan Boder

Keymaster

Responses:
Has it worked before and suddenly stopped working? Has not worked right from the start.
How far is the sensor from the control panel? 12 ft.
No tamper alerts

Then hopefully it’s just not programmed correctly. Can you try this?

1. Go into Installer Toolbox -> System Configuration.
  2. Scroll over to that sensor.
  3. Scroll down to the sensor serial number field.
  4. Press Shift.
  5. Press Learn.
  6. Make the sensor send a signal by opening and closing the door or removing it from it’s base.

If it learns in a different serial number than what was there before then that was the problem.

If that doesn’t work, are you able to see the 7 digit TXID number on the bottom of the sensor base or on the box it came in? If so then we can verify the sensor was programmed correctly.

It has the TXID of the sensor in the system, but still does not work, even tamper.

Are there anymore steps I need to take to get this to work or should I return it for another device?

If you’ve confirmed that the TXID printed on the sensor matches what’s programmed in the panel then you should return it for a replacement.

Can you email me the RMA form please.

It’s been created and will be coming shortly.

Hello
I’m having the same issue. Mine was working and then it suddenly stopped working. I replaced the battery and still nothing.

Please help!

I’m having the same issue. Mine was working and then it suddenly stopped working. I replaced the battery and still nothing.

Please see this thread.