Looking to Utilize an RE524X with a 2GIG panel

Good Afternoon!

I am currently using a 2Gig panel. I would like to add some additional sensors to our detached garage to monitor the garage doors and the entry doors plus 2 windows. The distance between the two building is great enough that a wireless sensor alone will not work.

Question. Can I use a RE524X in the garage to repeat the signals to the Control panel? If I do this do the sensors show up individually for a a group?

How far is the distance between the main panel and the garage?

The Resolution Products RE524X can be used as a repeater, depending on the distance.

Sensors are learned into the RE524X individually then again into the main panel individually. For more information on the process, please see the Instruction Manual

The RE524X will only repeat signals for sensors that have been configured in the Translator.

Tyler,

I would say the house and the garage are about 20’ apart. However, the alarm panel is located in the far back corner of the house in the Master Bedroom. I did have a wireless sensor on the entry door and it worked ok but was not solid.

I would like to add (6) sensors to this repeater. 2-Window, 1-door, 2-garage door, 1-Motion

Chris

I would say the house and the garage are about 20′ apart. However, the alarm panel is located in the far back corner of the house in the Master Bedroom

A repeater in the home should definitely help in that situation then.

If the space in the detached garage is not temperature controlled, be sure to use only outdoor rated sensors, like the Honeywell 5816OD, or at least sensors with an appropriate temp range. Sensors like the DW10 have a low end of 32 degrees which is fairly easily exceeded in many areas.