Looking to Switch to suretyDIY with 2GIG

Hi,

I am looking for a service quote for alarm.com service for my current system. I have an original 2GIG-GC that I installed myself about 5 years ago. Here’s my specs:

2GIG-GC running version 1.14.0.2

Verizon LTE module installed

Approximately 20 sensors

(3) Z wave devices including a lock and 2 lights

(2) thermostats

(3) video cams

(1) image sensor

Central station monitoring

I may consider adding a Skybell sometime in the future but don’t have one now.

A few questions:

How would the transition take place to insure no interruption of service?

Are there overage charges if something happens and my video clips are excessive one month?

Is billing done by credit card on file?

Charge for software upgrade?

Thanks

2GIG-GC running version 1.14.0.2

Verizon LTE module installed

Before going on, note that the Verizon LTE 4g module requires firmware 1.17 or later to function. Double check the firmware version and module model.

I am looking for a service quote for alarm.com service for my current system

All service pricing on suretyDIY is flat. As all service is month-to-month with no long-term contracts, there are no variations and all service pricing can be found here. Based on the equipment you have stated, you would need Gold Interactive with Cloud Video added.

How would the transition take place to insure no interruption of service?

This page goes over everything that may be needed to get started with an existing Go!Control (GC2) with suretyDIY.

You would need an unregistered module. If your module is currently registered to Alarm.com service through another provider, you would need to have that service cancelled. As orders for service-only through suretyDIY are typically processed same day (during business hours Monday-Friday) you would only need to schedule cancellation accordingly with your existing provider.

You can check the status of your cellular module via our Module Check Tool.

Are there overage charges if something happens and my video clips are excessive one month?

No. Video clips are halted once you reach your monthly limit and all limits reset at the start of each month.

The exception to this is alarm-generated clips. These count toward your total clip limit but continue even if you have reached your limit.

The same goes for image sensor images.

Is billing done by credit card on file?

Monthly charges are billed automatically and you may use credit or echeck draft. See our terms and conditions here.

Charge for software upgrade?

We encourage users of the 2GIG panel to use an update cable, as this will ensure you can update whenever the newest firmware is available at no cost and whenever is convenient.

Over the air updates are available. Updates over the cell network are $10 as of this post, and are somewhat incremental, so it may take more than one update to reach the latest version depending on what you currently have.

If you have the Go!Bridge and broadband backup communication, updates can be requested over broadband internet instead at no cost.

My mistake. I believe it is a Verizon 3G module not LTE and the firmware is definitely 1.14.0.2.

The module check tool does say “Sorry, your Alarm.com cellular module xxxxxxxxx can not currently be used with a new Alarm.com account. Modem is already assigned to a unit.” I assume that means my current provider needs to release it. I am concerned with the level of hassle I will receive trying to cancel and have it released. Any experience good or bad with Discount Alarm? Will I need to do the programming to switch to your central station or do you do it remotely?

Sorry to have so many questions, I just want the transition to be as smooth as possible and prepare everything in advance at my end.

The module check tool does say “Sorry, your Alarm.com cellular module xxxxxxxxx can not currently be used with a new Alarm.com account. Modem is already assigned to a unit.” I assume that means my current provider needs to release it.

Correct, while connected to an existing Alarm.com account this is the response you would see.

I am concerned with the level of hassle I will receive trying to cancel and have it released. Any experience good or bad with Discount Alarm? Will I need to do the programming to switch to your central station or do you do it remotely?

We cannot speak for any other provider’s policies or actions, unfortunately. If issues do occur, consider a new module and firmware update. Verizon CDMA modules will soon be unavailable for the setup of new Alarm.com accounts anyway, so an LTE module would be a good upgrade.

Account programming is not necessary with Alarm.com accounts. Account and monitoring details are handled by suretyDIY and are not set at the panel.

No local programming would be affected, so while you would have a new Alarm.com account, all of your sensors and Z-wave devices would populate automatically and you would then just recreate rules/notifications.

Note that video devices are linked to one account, so you may need to delete the video cameras from your existing account if the old account is not cancelled for some reason and it comes down to a new module being required. Your video devices can be re-added to the new account.

Sorry to have so many questions, I just want the transition to be as smooth as possible and prepare everything in advance at my end.

Not a problem! We’re happy to help, and better to get the answers you need up front!