Looking to switch from Brinks

I currently a Qolsys IQ panel from Brinks, and am looking to switch over to Surety. I want to purchase the new Qolsys 2+ panel as part of the setup, but want to make sure I am choosing the correct options, etc to do so and have a few questions. Since I want to purchase the new Qolsys 2+ panel, I’m guessing I need to chose the “I need a system” option?

Is the Qolsys 2+ panel is backward compatible to all Qolsys IQ equipment (including the 16F hardwired panel)… right? How about the IQ wireless secondary screen? It looks like my glass break sensors are GE 60-873-95, smoke detectors are GE TX-6010-01-1 and the micro-remote is GE 600-1064-95R - any issues with those?

Now a question on the video & Alarm.com side. I currently have the SVR100 with 4 cameras and the big round skybell video (I will likely swap the big Skybell for the slim version). First - is the SVR100 compatible or do I need to upgrade that to the newer model (and advantages to the newer model if I don’t need to upgrade)? Since I am technically using 5 cameras with Alarm.com and (have two more to install), how do I indicate that I am over the 4 limit on the order? I would be looking at Surety Complete service which looks to be $29/mo and extra for being over the 4 cameras - right?

Hello I will say first off welcome to surety u will love the services second off the Iq panel 2 plus will work with all ur sensors and as far the video devices u will have to make sure that u delate them from the currently alarm.com account and I would recommend upgrading to the newer svr because it allows u to use a monitor with a hdmi cable so u can view ur cameras from a screen

Forgot to mention I also have the LiftMaster garage door Controllers attached to the existing alarm.com account. Do I need to have those removed prior to a cut-over?

I would recommend it

Yes, that will work.

Is the Qolsys 2+ panel is backward compatible to all Qolsys IQ equipment (including the 16F hardwired panel)… right? It looks like my glass break sensors are GE 60-873-95, smoke detectors are GE TX-6010-01-1 and the micro-remote is GE 600-1064-95R - any issues with those?

Yes, it’s compatible with all the sensors from the IQ Panel 1.

How about the IQ wireless secondary screen?

I don’t think the IQ2 is compatible with the IQ Panel 2+. We sell the newer IQ Remote, which is. Talk about confusing naming! I’ll double check on Monday about that and follow up…

Confirmed. If your secondary touchscreen worked with the IQ Panel 1 then it will not work with the IQ Panel 2 or IQ Panel 2+. The names of the secondary touchscreens have been confusing in the past.

First - is the SVR100 compatible or do I need to upgrade that to the newer model?

You can still use your SVR100. The SVR122 support up to 8 cameras and has an HDMI output for a CCTV screen. The SVR100 only supports 4 cameras.

Since I am technically using 5 cameras with Alarm.com and (have two more to install), how do I indicate that I am over the 4 limit on the order? I would be looking at Surety Complete service which looks to be $29/mo and extra for being over the 4 cameras - right?

You don’t need to indicate that on the order. Just order Surety Complete and you can switch/upgrade your plan to 8 cameras anytime afterward. Upgrading to 8 cameras would add $5 to your plan.

You don’t need to as long as your existing provider deletes your old Alarm.com account. But if you have the opportunity to it make make re-installing them easier. Liftmaster devices can be difficult to connect to Alarm.com sometimes so anything you can do to remove variables is probably worth it.

Interesting… I have the 2TB model of the SVR100 which was advertised to support 8 cameras (after a firmware update) and still claims to support 8 on the ADC FAQ sheet for the unit. Having said that, it looks like one of my 1TB mirrored drives has gone bad, so I may just spring for the SVR122.

It be best I will say ur gonna love surety home I was very hesitant on even switching to surety but I’m so glad I did and a lot more people r switching to surety from a lot of the diy company’s because surety let u control more and also offers this great support system

Actually you’re right. I was going by memory and I haven’t thought about he SVR100 in a while. I just checked and it does say it supports 8 cameras now.

I was thinking the SVR122 had a more powerful processor but I’m not seeing it specified anywhere. I’ll look into it some more.

From a strategy standpoint, should I cancel my existing service when setting up my order with Surety, or wait until the hardware from the order shows up?

It shouldn’t matter since you’ll be using a new panel as opposed to switching your existing panel. You should delete the cameras & SVR from your account before you cancel so you don’t have any trouble adding them to your new account. Do you know the installer code for your existing panel?

Yes, I have the installer code. Can the config be backed up and restored on the new unit? Or can that only be done by the service provider? And if the later, then not possible since spanning two different providers? I’m comfortable relearning everything… just looking for a quicker path.

It can only be done if you are keeping the same Alarm.com account and you’re swapping with the same type of panel. In your case, going from IQ Panel 1 to IQ Panel 2+, it wouldn’t work even if you were keeping the same Alarm.com account.

I asked if you have he installer code because it helps if you can get into installer programming on the old panel to remove your z-wave devices before you try to add them to your new panel. Glad you have it!

I am trying to place my initial order… but there doesn’t seem to be any combination that allows me to order the IQ 2plus panel and end up with a the Surety Complete plan. Every time I add the panel, it switches the monitoring to a $17 + $5 plan??

One month of the Surety Home plan is included for free but you can easily and immediately upgrade to Surety Complete once you set up your account. It will just charge you the prorated difference when you upgrade.

I looked into it and the only notable difference between the SVR100 and SVR122 is the HDMI output for local playback. The other changes are minor or cosmetic. Good call out!

I forgot to mention u will have to give brinks a 30 day notice that ur canceling and I highly recommend watching ur account for a couple months after because brinks is bad for charging people even though they cancel