Longest Door Sensor Range

I am trying to find out which door sensor has the longest range and is compatible with the 2GIG GC2 panel. I have looked at the Resolution, Honeywell, and 2GIG ones but they aren’t all specific on their ranges.

Range numbers are not terribly useful for the most part. The range of all 345 mhz sensor models will be roughly the same open air, but they are not installed in open air environments.

The range of one sensor will be different depending on where in the home it is placed and what materials are nearby. Typically this is not an issue, as the range will cover most distances achievable in most homes.

The open air range of a sensor will not do much to help if environmental issues are present.

Better to focus on the circumstance of the installation. Do you have a location you would like to install a sensor which is farther than typical doors and windows? How far of a range are you looking to cover?

What I’m trying to do is makeshift a mailbox alert with my 2GIG system. I tried the tilt sensors. The 2GIG one has an annoying 5 second delay which means it doesn’t work when my mailman is quick. The RE-206 tilt sensor doesn’t have the range and often results in a loss of supervision error. My next thought is to go to a standard door/window sensor like the 2GIG-DW10-345. The spec sheet says 350 ft open air. My driveway to the mailbox is about 175 feet. Just curious if there was a sensor that is known to have a longer range.

In this case, as you are installing this sensor outdoors, the most important thing to consider is humidity and temperature. A DW10 will not likely last or function 100% when installed outdoors.

You are better suited to using a Honeywell 5816OD. This is an outdoor specific sensor. As long as the mailbox is not metal, the overall range should not be an issue. A repeater like the RE524X can be added in the home near the exterior wall to pick up and repeat the sensor’s signal.

Thank you! That’s exactly the type of info i needed.