Lock not being seen in ADC

I just spoke with Schlage abut my BE369NX. They told me they can’t even replace the z-wave module as its part of the lock. So the story from ADC sounds suspect already. They also had no knowledge of this “fix” or “issue” described in your last post.

Personally I think this is more BS from ADC. Could you please push back on them?

Again, why was it working until just a few weeks ago. It pairs with my panel just fine. Just not visible on ADC. Logic alone would tend to indicate this is an issue on their end.

If they are replacing Z-wave modules, I would ask ADC to give me the specific contact person to get this done through.

It’s not just ADC who says Schlage locks have had Z-Wave issues and getting the Z-Wave version upgraded fixes those problems, I’ve heard it from customers too.

I found an email from one of the customers who reported that getting new Schlage firmware fixed their problem in November. In their case they said Schlage actually sent them a replacement lock because their old lock “took a dive”. Here is what they wrote:

Just wanted to let you know my old lock finally took a dive and schlage replaced it for free. The new lock I got has z wave with 6.8 firmware. Have tested it over and over and so far has performed without any hiccups. Much better compared to the old lock.

Although their new lock that works actually has Z-Wave 4.54.01 firmware. I’m not sure where they got the 6.8, that must be a Schlage version number printed on the lock. Unfortunately they didn’t tell me the Schlage or Z-wave version of their old Schlage lock that was having problems.

I did find this:

So it may be that you can upgrade the firmware of a BE469 but not a BE369. Perhaps ADC is referring to upgrading the firmware on a BE469?

We work with Yale locks so I don’t have much first hand experience with Schlage, I can only report what I hear. I do see discussion of Schlage Z-Wave firmware issues when I Google it, for example:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/162-home-automation/1482898-schlage-vs-yale-z-wave-locks.html

I have a meeting tomorrow with someone at ADC so I’ll try to get more information for you about this and hopefully some contact info at Schlage.

I am just not buying it. Again the lock works with the 2 Gig Panel. The posts you referenced are about the lock not pairing with the various systems. Mine does. Its from there to ADC that is the issue.

Its registered on the 2 GIG. It shows there. How can the z wave be broken if it pairs with the 2 GIG? It just doesn’t show at ADC

I had a problem with it working intermittently in the past and I have about 60 emails exchanged with Caven Krekelberg and Shea Lowry from ADC. I actually ended buying this 2nd lock that didnt really fix the issue, but at least it worked intermittently.

Schlage or ADC should be able to tell from serial numbers if this unit is affected.

Someone at Schlage should know of this issue and no one does.

According to Schlage there is no way to upgrade the firmware or replace the z-wave module

I know you didn’t sell the Schalge Lock, but you are the service provider to ADC and when I call now they keep telling me to go through my dealer. So you are the preferred link.

Please ask them to provide a contact name of someone who knows of this issue of Schlage and who gives out the replacements. Don’t let them just push this off like they seem to be doing (they also did this on some daylight savings issues I had a few years ago and rules issues only to find out it was on their end…I have these emails as well)

I purchased this 2nd lock in June of 2013. And again its the BE369NX. Why do they give you advice when they don’t even seem to make sure the advice is for the right model number? The fact that they do not speak about my specific model to you tells me they have no clue what they are talking about or care. Its funny because there are posts were all these people say the be469 will not work with 2Gig and that its a 2Gig issue and now they are saying it will with a firmware update? after blaming 2Gig??! Which one is it? It seems like they just are just throwing any answer out of their mouth with no real desire to help customers

It really is pretty piss poor customer service at ADC. They should not be so quick to say “not our problem”

I appreciate you talking to Schlage for me. Again, this lock was recognized on their system just a couple of weeks ago.

I can assure you Alarm.com does care and I promise they aren’t trying to shrug it off as not their problem. I agree the problem appears to be between 2GIG and Alarm.com. Your account was specifically discussed today by several at suretyDIY and Alarm.com. I believe progress was made and they have all the information they need at this point to get it figured out. A solution will be found. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

Managing compatibility between so many different (sometimes old) devices and firmware versions is a difficult task. There are 4 different manufacturers’ software involved in this situation: Alarm.com, 2GIG, Schlage and Zensys. We’ve found Yale to be the best Z-wave lock in terms of compatibility and reliability and that’s what we sell and recommend but we will do whatever we can to help support Schlage issues.

I found out today that the recommendation to “replace the Z-Wave module” in your lock did come from a miscommunication as more people have been brought in to deal with this (the telephone game problem) and someone assumed you had a BE469. It doesn’t make sense with your BE369.

Its funny because there are posts were all these people say the be469 will not work with 2Gig and that its a 2Gig issue and now they are saying it will with a firmware update? after blaming 2Gig??! Which one is it?

It’s both. BE469’s manufactured before 4/21/2014 did not work with 2GIG or other non-Schlage Z-Wave controllers. It’s a known problem and the firmware can be upgraded to make it work. I don’t blame 2GIG for that, I blame Schlage. It did appear to be a 2GIG problem at first since they worked fine with Schlage Link but now I think it’s because Schlage put a work-around in their own Z-wave controller for that issue.

BE369’s have always worked with 2GIG and Alarm.com until this recent issue where they stopped showing up on new Alarm.com accounts. We’re not giving up on you, we’ll get this figured out.

“I can assure you Alarm.com does care and I promise they aren’t trying to shrug it off as not their problem.”

I don’t know about that. I guess time will tell. I think it is more about SuretyCam caring about their customers.

I could not get anything accomplished with them directly and my old provider / service was primarily Honeywell. So they were not familar with ADC or 2 Gig like you guys are and they didn’t really want to engage

ADC seems to want to deal with the dealers. It was a problem when I knew more about ADC and 2Gig than my dealer. That is why I am with Surety now as I no longer know more than my dealer nor do I feel like my dealer does not fight for me.

I truly think this is on their end and although its been months of no solution, which makes me question their “caring”, I feel like Surety cares and will bring this to a resolution one way or another.

The lock feature was probably one of my top features I wanted and utilized.

Thanks again for your persistence in this matter

Alarm.com doesn’t provide technical support to end users so reaching out to them directly isn’t likely to be a good experience. We will keep pushing this BE369/FE599 issue for you.

Just curious, do you prefer the BE369 over the BE469 or did you choose the BE369 because of early compatibility issues between the BE469 and 2GIG?

I like the manual function better. If the door swells or goes out of alignment, I can still use the lock.

It takes less battery power and there is a manual key override.

I like the looks better of the BE469 better though.

Just wondering if you heard anything from them or if they gave you a time frame that they feel is reasonable to respond to you?

It’s just disappointing that alarm.com can get away with dragging their feet…

I’ve still been waiting for some kind of work around, or solution. …

Tell them to send us some free Yale locks for our troubles. All this home automation gear is a major investment and when we use products on their “compatible devices” list it’s shouldn’t fall on us to buy additional/replacement hardware.

It’d be very easy for them to do so they work out deals for dealers dealers all dealers all the time…

For example:

Special Offer: FREE Schlage® Connected Touchscreen Deadbolt

Alarm.com provides you with a variety of hardware choices and we’re pleased to now include Schlage’s newest Connected Touchscreen Deadbolt to our suite of access solutions. Offer this new lock to your customers today!
Plus, from August 12 - 25, or while supplies last, get a free Schlage TouchScreen for every one you purchase. Select the 2 for 1 Special on the Dealer Website Order Equipment page to purchase.

No one will take accountability. ADC says its a 2Gig issue and/or Schlage. Schlage says its ADC or 2Gig. It works fine with the 2 Gig panel, just not ADC. All fingers are pointing at ADC in my opinion

ADC could send me a replacement Schlage and I can test for them. Its bee probably 8 months since my first contact with them on lock issues.

We are staying on top of this but we can’t just snap our fingers and force a solution today. I wish we could. We’ll continue posting updates here as they come about.

I dont think anyone is expecting a solution “today”. However ADC has shown that unless you put significant pressure on them, they don’t move on things like this. Since they prefer to deal with the dealer network and not consumers directly, the dealer is the only one that can do this.

We are all reasonable people. I would ask them “When do you feel is a reasonable date that you can update us all?”

I feel that waiting for them to give you updates without a specific time line is a proven failed execution.

Obviously this is upsetting many customers as this is a feature that is important.

I agree. That is what we have been doing. We’re not just passively waiting for updates. I meant we will post when they respond with something we don’t already know.

I have been updated that ADC expects to test a potential fix by next week.

thank you for the update!

ADC has implemented a fix. If you have been experiencing this issue of your Schlage Lock not showing up on Alarm.com when added to a 2Gig panel and do not see it resolved, please email customerservice@suretyDIY.com and let us know.

You are able to either re-add the lock to your zwave network or let us know and we can request an updated equipment list for you.

Barry, did the ADC fix resolve the problem with your FE599 as well?

Barry, when you got the Schlage lock to pair with wink, did you have the option to set user codes? That specific lock isn’t officially supported by Schlage, (the BE369) but it will add under other lock types, only problem in my case is the user codes section does not show up in settings. I have about 5 of these installed and would really like to get them working with wink.