Lock Malfunction

It appears my Lock is not fully talking to the panel or alarm.com. It shows malfunction in alarm.com (and the mobile app) and no longer disarms the panel when a user code is entered to unlock the lock. This was working but has stopped. The lock itself works fine and I can even send a lock/unlock command via the alarm.com mobile app and the door responds (locks and unlocks). Not sure what to do to get it working again (meaning to disarm the panel when a user code is entered on the lock to unlock it).

If the lock is reporting a malfunction that would indicate one of a few problems. A few things to check:

When was the last time the batteries were replaced? Might try replacing those and activating the lock. Does this resolve?
Have you run a Z-wave Network Rediscovery?
Have any of the AC powered Z-wave devices been removed or moved? This can throw off signal routes.

If none of those resolve the issue with disarming automatically, try deleting and recreating the Alarm.com rule. Any luck?

The batteries were replaced a couple of weeks ago and that may be when this started happening. The lock locks and unlocks fine from the user codes on the lock and the alarm.com mobile app.

Do I need to do something (“activate the lock”) after replacing the batteries?

The batteries were replaced a couple of weeks ago and that may be when this started happening. The lock locks and unlocks fine from the user codes on the lock and the alarm.com mobile app.

Do I need to do something (“activate the lock”) after replacing the batteries?

The actual replacement may or may not be related. There is nothing you need to do after replacing the batteries normally, no.

However, in this case have you tried the additional troubleshooting steps above?

A Z-wave network rediscovery is a good next step. This will help address any signal routing concerns.

Have you deleted and re-added the automatic disarm rule in Alarm.com? If not try deleting that rule, wait 5 minutes, recreate the rule, wait 5 minutes, then test. Any luck?

I did a network rediscovery/repair on the zwave network and now the lock does not show malfunction in the alarm.com mobile app. I also deleted the automation rule to disarm the panel when a user puts in their code, waiting 10 mins and recreated the rule.

I can lock/unlock the lock via the mobile app, but the automation rule still does not work and does not disarm the panel when a user puts in their unlock code on the lock.

What is the model number of the lock?

Were there any other changes shortly before this started occurring? Firmware update, new Z-wave devices added, etc.?