Linear Overhead Garage opens-closes, mystery

Hi, got a Linear GDOOZ with Legacy 650 (or 850, I’ll have to go up and check), but the other day, we were watching TV and all of a sudden, both my wife and my phones dings to a notification saying that the overhead garage door has opened, and then closed (within the same minute, 8:52 pm), the garage door icon was green in the app. I went downstairs to investigate and by the time I got down to the garage, it was shut.

However, I do have an SVR and camera in the garage I watched my video 5 minutes before the supposed event occurred, and I noticed that the overhead garage door actually did NOT open at all.

I also have an automation to turn on the garage lights (Lutron) every time the door opens, and the garage lights did turn on as if my garage door did open, but as I mentioned, the garage door never opened.

Some other observations, I don’t think the panel announced that the garage door opened either, so I’m wondering if this is a server issue and not a local issue.

Any thoughts?

My panel is IQ2 with 2.6.0.

The GD00Z is a Z-wave device, the status is sent by the panel to ADC, it wouldn’t be a server issue. My guess would be that the panel reported that activity at the time.

The GD00Z operates with a tilt sensor. That sensor informs the unit when it opens. What you saw would be a false reading from that tilt. Wind and vibration are common false trigger hazards.

thanks, Jason. That’s an interesting point about the tilt.

I can’t rule out wind or vibrations, so that could be it. But I also wonder if the battery in the tilt needs replacing. Expected lifetime of these are? Mine will be 4 years in Nov.

24 months on the tilt battery life is typical but it all varies by use