Lights / Switches / Craziness ;-)

Thank you. I will try the sensor trigger rule later on in the week. Also, not sure it matters but absolutely no issues turning on/off the lights through the ADC app.

Ok, new strategy today. I deleted all my rules/triggers last night. I plan on starting over today. Please cancel ADC rebuilding the rules for now. Thank you

I need to confirm a couple things.

1. Triggered rules can be setup in ADC and also at System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section, correct?

2. Triggered rules pertain more to the alarm side of the GC3, as in an intrusion alarm, fire alarm, or just about any triggered sensor correct?

3. Sorry, I am not at my panel to get the exact wording but what is the difference between (a) System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Group 6, Alarm and (b) System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Scroll down to Group 1, LifeCycle or something or other?

4. Schedules can only be setup at ADC, correct? Pretty sure you already mentioned this but I need to confirm. Automation can be done in scenes but actual schedules have to be done at ADC?

Thank you for all your assistance. I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I am starting to get this stuff. The devil is in the details and I like to push technology around me to it’s limits :wink:

Dan

1) Triggered rules can be setup in ADC and also at System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section, correct?

The options are very basic. I would not recommend doing so unless you are only looking for automation based on arming/disarming or alarms.

2) Triggered rules pertain more to the alarm side of the GC3, as in an intrusion alarm, fire alarm, or just about any triggered sensor correct?

The only real triggers you can use locally are arming/disarming and alarms.

3) Sorry, I am not at my panel to get the exact wording but what is the difference between (a) System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Group 6, Alarm and (b) System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Scroll down to Group 1, LifeCycle or something or other?

If I recall correctly, lifeline pertains only to factory resetting the Z-wave radio. Alarm means that when an alarm occurs, the device in question turns on or off.

4) Schedules can only be setup at ADC, correct? Pretty sure you already mentioned this but I need to confirm. Automation can be done in scenes but actual schedules have to be done at ADC?

Not only schedules, but most automation. I wouldn’t recommend using local automation as the system is not designed to do that very well. Issues like you had described can occur due to various reasons, but can be resolved without too much trouble. The automation through Alarm.com will be far more robust.

Thank you for all your assistance. I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I am starting to get this stuff. The devil is in the details and I like to push technology around me to it’s limits

We are always happy to help. Don’t worry about asking questions, that’s what we are here for! :slight_smile:

Ok, so should all the Z-wave devices be under Group1, lifeline?

No, that is not necessary or even possible if you have more than 5 devices

Just for clarificattion, System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Scroll down to Group1- lifeline, has the ability to accomidate 20 nodes. Group 1-Lifeline under individual z-wave devides only support 5 nodes.

Still have no idea what this section is/does?

Edit: ok,strike that, found this:
The SmartThings Hub has support for the Association Command Class—it has one association group, the “Lifeline” group, which supports sending associated devices reset notifications when the Hub is factory reset.

Thanks,
Dan

Lifeline is a command group under Z-wave Plus (group 1) which has a few functions if I recall, but the devices compatible with GC3 only support the reset notifications. To give an idea of the relative importance, it’s not even described in the manual :slight_smile:

All standard Z-wave linking and routing are handled automatically by the controller and when performing a network rediscovery.

Fingers crossed, the lights have kept their schedule for the past couple days.

Thank you,
Dan

Great news! Thank you for your follow up

SureDiy really does provide unparalleled support. Kudos to you guys and gals

Thank you for the kind words!