Lights Added To IQ2+ Panel Not Correct On Alarm.com App Or Website

I added several Zwave light switches to my new IQ2+ panel but when I logged into the Alarm.com Android app many of the lights were wrong. I’d turn on one light switch in the app but a different light in the house would turn on. Then miraculously all but three of the light switches fixed themselves on their own. Two switches are still showing in the app as if they have dimmers (but they doen’t) so they are non-responsive and the third just hasn’t shown up in the app at all. The Alarm.com website is showing the switches the same as the app, but every light switch is working properly on the panel itself. It’s really weird. I’ve tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it fresh. No luck. Any advice?

When you add Z-wave devices to the panel, they will be sent to ADC with just the node ID as an identifier. As far as the ADC device list goes, that is what the panel reports to Alarm.com. If you delete and re-add device they will be sent with new IDs.

One thing different in this circumstance is that your panel is also reporting another Z-wave controller. There are more potential hiccups when you use a multiple controller network. Controllers do not always play well together.

What model is the other controller? What is the model number of the lights you are having trouble with?

I have a Harmony Hub. But I only use it to control home theater equipment. The controller aspect is needed for it to integrate with Alexa. The Harmony Hub doesn’t directly control any Zwave devices. All Zwave devices are added to the IQ2+ Panel. The light switch is a GE paddle switch from a couple years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X84WRGR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_5WNQM08GD5256ANQJYYP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

What are the names in Alarm.com of the two switches that are showing as dimmers?

The master bedroom fan light and family room can lights are listed as dimmers… but they are just simple on/off switches.

Can you try clearing and re-adding those two devices? Let me know once you have done so I would like to look into how they are reported by the panel when added.

I don’t have access to the master bedroom but I cleared and then added the family room can lights. I’ll try to remember to do the same for the Master Bedroom Fan Light tomorrow morning (my 91 year old father is visiting and he can’t climb the stairs anymore so he’s asleep on my bed).

Family Room Can lights looks like it can no longer be selected for dimming, is it reporting as expected now?

Yes that worked :+1:. I’ll do the other today. Thank you for your help!