Light Switch Questions

Network Wide Inclusion is something I would steer clear of generally speaking unless you are confident that all of your repeating devices closer to the panel support it. What NWI does is allow you to include close devices, then when they are added, you can work your way out, without moving the panel closer to the more distant nodes.

A description:

"NWI is the process in which you can include devices into the primary controller that are outside the controllers
range. Before NWI, all devices had to be included within close proximity to the primary controller and then the
routing table reconfigured after installing. NWI allows the installer to start at the controller and include the devices
that are within its range. Once those have been included in the network, then the installer can include the next level
of devices that are not within direct range of the primary controller. "

In general, I would recommend the standard inclusion and bring the controller within a few feet of each device to do it.

Jason

Thank you! It worked perfectly! But now of course a few more issues have arrived lol. I lost a couple of switches when I did it… so I went to remove them and they wI’ll not remove… do a network rediscovery still not there… try and add them… No luck… but they still work with the all on all off commands from the minimote… strange!

I lost a couple of switches when I did it

Where are the switches no longer showing up? On your 2GIG panel control screen? It sounds like you added the lights to the minimote originally, using the minimote as the controller. When the minimote was removed from the 2GIG panel, the lights would likely be dropped from the panel.

Zwave devices still need to be “Removed” regardless because they link to a network and retain that in memory. Use the “Remove” function on the minimote or panel. Try bringing the controller closer to those switches.

This minimote needs clearer installation instructions. I added it to a 2gig gc2 and tried to get it to work with two light switches. successful with one but not the other. thought I’d start over. Went to remove the device and it said this device has been removed from another network. which I thought was my network. So I added it again and tried to get it to work with an evolve switch. Didnt work. Thought I would just return it. Went to remove it from the network again. and again it said this device has been removed from another network. went into device list, and now there are two minimotes listed as controllers.

how do I remove them?

and… can I just make this minimote control light switches? on, off, dim. button 1 for one set of outdoor lights, button 2 for another outdoor light. and maybe button 3 for a scene. thanks. this has been a frustrating device so far.

Are you using Aeon Labs manual online? They have a good step by step for using it as a scene fob.

Ultimately, once learning it into a network, these steps should let you set up four distinct scenes using the top four buttons:

"Creating Scenes (and Removing Z-Wave Devices from Scenes)
1 Press and hold the scene button you wish to configure (top of enclosure) – The blue LED will blink quickly after 1 second to show that it is ready to add/remove a device from the scene.

1 Press the Z-Wave button on the product you wish add/remove (while still holding the scene button from the previous step) – The blue LED on the Minimote will stay solid to indicate the device has entered the scene.*

1 While still holding the scene button from Step-1, adjust the level of the Lamp/Shade/product to the desired level.

1 Release the scene button to complete adding the device to the scene at the device’s current level.

Note
If the product is already a part of that particular scene, it will be removed from that scene the second time steps #1-4 are repeated for that particular product in that scene.

Note
Scenes can only be created with Switch_MultiLevel and Switch_Binary Z-Wave types.

Note
Z-Wave devices must be first added/included into the same network as the Minimote in order to create a scene with that device."

Are these the instructions you were following?