Light Switch Questions - GC3 & ADC

I am trying to figure out exactly what products to order for my setup. My current plan is to use the GC3 panel with ADC as a secondary controller and smartthings as my primary controller. With regards to smart switches, I have been trying to read up on all the issues surrounding the patent and light switch status.

At this time, what is the best switch to buy where I will see current status through both smartthings and ADC with this setup? I understand the instant reporting is only available with some lutron products and I believe a couple other manufacturers. In practice, how slow would reporting be for the new GE zwave plus switches? That was my initial choice before I read about the instant reporting issue. Does the GC3 panel and ADC even get status updates with the GE switches? Thanks!

I have multiple GE Z-Wave toggle switches. My main panel is the GC2. I can see the current status of my lights.

Outside of the light status, why use smartthings as the primary controller?

My primary motivation was for the ability to tinker and setup more complex integrations outside of the ADC platform using home assistant, apple homekit, alexa, etc. I just want the flexibility to play with and use whatever platforms ultimately win this competition and produce the most useful product. Certainly there’s a lot of appeal to having everything all in one app which ADC provides, but I’ve never actually used any of this stuff in practice, so I didn’t want to necessarily lock myself into one ecosystem before I can see what I like the best. I’m trying to pick the most compatible products now for the sake of being future-proof, so I’m curious about real-world experiences regarding latency, compatibility, etc. Thanks for your help and insight!