Liftmaster MyQ and IQ2+ panel as gateway

Hi!
I have the IQ2+ panel with latest software and have read that it can act as the gateway for Liftmaster MyQ devices without the need for the Liftmaster internet gateway. Sounds wonderful, but how do I connect the 888LM MyQ opener to my panel? Z-wave doesn’t seem to be working.

Thanks!

You can control the garage door via the IQ Panel 2+ if you have your MyQ garage connected to the same Alarm.com account as the IQ panel but this requires the 888LM to be connected to the local wi-fi and paired with ADC first, which would involve the MyQ Gateway.

Where did you see this information?

So looking back at my source I think I combined two ideas into one. I read that the panel now supports opening and closing the MyQ door through the built in-internet gateway with no additional hardware required. I took this to mean the panel could connect directly to the MyQ device without the need for the additional Liftmaster branded gateway.

Ah, yep the MyQ garage opener still needs to connect via a MyQ gateway to the internet.

The IQ Panel can then sync with MyQ from ADC and you can control from the panel screen.