Liftmaster 8550w replacement - alarm.com

My lift master I originally added to alarm.com/myQ integration died and now have a replacement unit. Cannot get it added with serial number or discovery modes. Is there a trick to removing my old myQ gateway/garage door opener to get this to work?

Unfortunately in ADC users are not able to delete Gateways through the user ADC website, but we can help! I have cleared that old malfunctioning Gateway from the account. You can now re-add a new Gateway under Settings > Devices > Automation Devices > Liftmaster Installation.

Thanks Jason. I’m still trying to add in the replacement Liftmaster and getting this error after entering in the new serial number: " Registration
was unsuccessful for this device. Please factory reset the device, reconnect to an internet network, then try registering again. Serial Number - XXXXXXXXXX

It’s
connected to my home wifi and works with the standard Liftmaster myQ app. Anything else I might be missing?

Ah, yes it cannot be assigned to a MyQ account. The Gateway must be removed from the MyQ account and then factory reset the Gateway. You should then be able to add it to your account.

Thanks, that did it! Forgot about that step