Liftmaster 8500W

I have a Liftmaster 8500W that I was able to connect to my Alarm.com account. It shows the status of the door (open or closed) but it will not send the close or open command successfully. It times out. If I use the remote the status does change on the app though.

Commands have been sent to update device list and status. At this time can you open and close the garage locally to send status. Then attempt to control the garage remotely via the ADC app, any change?

No change. I am still able to operate the door locally with status changes in the ADC app but still unable to control it. I do have a notification I just noticed that says the door is temporarily disabled.

If two mobile commands are sent and they fail, the commands will time out resulting in the temporarily disabled notification. This is a built in safety feature to prevent mishaps at the door.

To clear this issue, the garage must be locally opened then closed to send status to Alarm.com. Then one remote command must be sent via ADC, and be acknowledged, to clear the temporarily disabled status.

It appears that two remote commands were recently sent within ten seconds, and then acknowledged at the same time, which caused the remote command to fail.

To further troubleshoot this, at this time, you will want to locally open then close the garage. Once closed, send 1 remote command from the app to open and wait for a response. Any change?

I opened and closed the door confirming the ADC app recognized the change each time. When I attempted to open the door using the app following that I got a timeout error (Garage1 times out).

This is likely due to a signalling issue, especially if the wifi strength is low at the install point. Has this behavior been present the entire time the device has been installed?

Should the wifi signal strength in the garage be low, you will want to boost the signal if possible, such as moving the wifi router closer to the garage. Does this fix the issue?

Otherwise, in this scenario you will want to remove and re add the MyQ device from Alarm.com. Removing the gateway is something only your dealer can do at this time. Would you like for me to remove that device?

Keep in mind these commands can only be performed during normal business hours.

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the exact same problem. I have the same error. I can see the status of the door via ADC. I can even open the garage door via ADC. But I cannot close the door via ADC. I have followed the recommendation to locally open and close the door followed by ADC open, but it does not clear the message that the garage door is temporarily disabled.

If two mobile commands are sent and they fail, the commands will time out resulting in the temporarily disabled notification. This is a built in safety feature to prevent mishaps at the door.

To clear this issue, the garage must be locally opened then closed to send status to Alarm.com. Then one remote command must be sent via ADC, and be acknowledged, to clear the temporarily disabled status.

If your commands are not acknowledged it will not resolve.

I’m not seeing a Surety subscription tied to this username. Do you use Surety as your Alarm.com provider? If not, please reach out to your provider for assistance with regard to remote commands and signaling.

I found this on a different site:

“Please Note: In order to control the LiftMaster 8500W remotely, the MyQ Remote LED Light must be installed and used with the system. If it is not, even though you will be able to see the Garage Door in the Alarm.com App, you will not be able to control it.”

I apologize that I came to your website through a google search and didn’t realize that this was your company monitoring site. You are correct. I am not a Surity customer. But maybe this could others in the future.

No need for apologies, we welcome everyone to post and ask questions.

I suggested reaching out to your provider as they can help rule out signaling issues or problems related to commands not processing. They would have access to view your system history.

In order to control the LiftMaster 8500W remotely, the MyQ Remote LED Light must be installed

This is great info, thank you for posting!