Liftmaster 1246R and MyQ compatibility

I purchased the 828LM and 888LM under the impression that my Lift Master opener would work with these since it fell within the years the devices stated ( its a 1999 opener, red button). I have even seen it listed as being compatible model#1246R. However it did not work, both amber and red light both blinked slowly and never linked up. I tried pushing the open button several times while holding for 5 seconds, but no luck. Any advice on how I might be able to get it to work, or am I out of luck?

thanks

Lift Master said it was hit and miss with my opener. They are sending me out a new logic board that they said will work with MYQ.

We’ve been talking to Alarm.com and Liftmaster this morning about your issue and it sounds like you’re on the right track. The Liftmaster 888LM Compatibility Guide appears to list the 1246R (DS) as compatible but it also says “MOST with an orange/red learn button with gray antenna wire.” are compatible while “ALL with a purple learn button with purple antenna wire.”

Liftmaster says if it doesn’t work then you need to replace the circuit board with a 41A5021-1G to make it work. That’s what it sounds like you’re already doing. Are they charging you for the replacement board or just sending it?

Alarm.com is looking into this further but one person did ask that you try resetting the gateway to factory defaults to make sure it isn’t a stale data problem. If you would like to try that, here are the instructions:

Factory reset the Internet Gateway:
If you must force a full factory reset (a non-recoverable data
destruction “hard” reset) to the internet gateway, disconnect
power to the internet gateway and while powered off, use a thin
tool, such as paper clip or a toothpick, to press and hold pressed
the internet gateway’s reset button. While continuing to hold the
reset button pressed, connect power to the internet gateway.
Continue to hold the reset button pressed for 10–20 seconds
until the gateway’s Yellow light blinks, then immediately release
the reset button.

Finally, if all else fails you could return the 888LM/828LM and use a MyQ Garage (821LM) universal retrofit instead.

Thanks for taking the time to follow up Ryan. LiftMaster is replacing the logic board for free ( thank goodness). The first customer rep just said I was out of luck, the second was very nice and sent one out. I will install when I get back to the house and I am sure it will work fine.

Brian