Letter of service

Hello I just recently ordered the vivout deal. Everything is doing great. But there is my notice of service or whatever you call it. I was told it came in the box but it didn’t. I called customer service and there saying you have to wait a month. We’ll it wouldn’t be a big deal but my homeowner insurance is waiting for it. How hard would it be to just email it? I would of appreciate if I was told this. Hope this helps others.

Do you mean an alarm certificate?

We normally send them out after about a month of service. This is done so you have time to get up and running, which we need to see from our DIYers before we can send out a certificate. You can, of course, request one before then and we would be happy to check your status and send it out if you’ve got the system up and going.

It looks as though you emailed customerservice@suretyDIY.com a few minutes ago and your request is in the que for our team to verify, so you will be getting an emailed alarm certificate within the business next day.

Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood what you mean by “notice of service”. If there is something else you need, please do not hesitate to let us know.

yes, I don’t care what you call it. I just need get it to my insurance. I guess it makes sense but I was told it would come in the box. no biggy thanks again Amanda.

Hi Amanda,

I was just searching and came across this thread. By “usually send the out after about a month of service”, does that mean it’s automatic and you would just send it along at some point, or would I still need to request it?

I’m up and running now, but don’t have a problem waiting a few weeks, just need to know if I’ll need to remember or if it will just show up in the mail.

Thanks!

Also, a side question. Does the certificate have specifics on the system or is it more generic? I started with a base security of entry points covered, but will be adding additional things like smoke and co2, and possibly motion in the not-too-distant future. From the response I got from insurance (State Farm), it sounds like they have a straight discount and the differences wouldn’t matter, but just wanted to know what the certificate looks like.

I’ll put in a request for your certificate to go out. The team should have it emailed to you by the end of tomorrow.

The certificate is fairly general, but does specify whether or not smoke detectors are part of the system. When you add them, let us know via customerservice@suretyDIY.com or Live Chat during business hours and we’d be happy to get an updated version out to you.

Great, thanks!

Old post, but answered my question. I get quite a big insurance discount for having an alarm system with monitored smokes.

Be sure to request a certificate via customerservice@suretyDIY.com or Live Chat during business hours and we’ll get you added to into the system for processing ASAP.

Can you see what type of equipment I have, or do I need to let you know when it’s added?

Our team can see the equipment you have. If you’re adding equipment after your initial set up though, its helpful to email the changes to customerservice@suretyDIY.com so our customer service agents can communicate the additions to the CS data entry team.