Leaning towrads 2GIG

I have an Ademco Vista-15P with an old Monotronics custom PROM. I was first looking at upgrading to other Honeywell equipment, including the Lynx 7000, but I kept running into “wants” that either upgrading my system or the 7000 couldn’t give me (garage door with the current system, smash and grab of the 7000 by the door, not fully Zwave compatible–only controls, not sensors). I’ve looked over your equipment and service and am impressed so far, but I have the following questions.

I’m a bit torn on the 2GIG vs. Qolsys decision. It seems that you have a lot more equipment that I’d need for the 2GIG. For example, I’d want a second panel and a take over module. Are you going to have more equipment soon?

If I go with 2GIG I think I need the following:

-(2GIG-CNTRL21-345) obviously
-(2GIG-TAKE-345) I have a VISTA-15-P with four zones (front door, back door, garage door, and all windows) Can all of these (especially all of the windows in one zone) be hooked up to the unit? I also looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like I can use the power and battery from the existing box for both this and the (2GIG-TS1-E). BTW, would it be a good practice to replace the battery? The system's been off for about a year and a half and I disconnected it when we moved in since it was beeping. I forget the error message, though. I don't know if it was battery or no phone line.
-(2GIG-TS1-E) I've got 4 strands of 22 gauge going from the main box to this. I'm assuming I can use those lines for power and then use the diagram in the (2GIG-TAKE-345) to hook these all up. Correct?
-(2GIG-XCVR2-345) required for the (2GIG-TS1-E)
-(2GIG-BRDG1-900) Is this really the only way to get the system on my home network? It doesn't have built in wifi?
-(2GIG-SMKT3-345) x2 since my current wired detectors are not compatible with the (2GIG-TAKE-345)
-(821LM) One of my OCD things it the garage door. I've got an earlier 2000s Genie Intellicode Series 1 door.

I’d also like the ability to eventually add home automation and video and it looks like this supports it. I eventually want to add locks too, but all my locks are chrome (not brushed) and the only chrome ones are Kwikset. What are your thoughts about the smartkey vulnerability?

Do you have any other suggestions? I’m looking forward to a DIY solution. At my last house I used Nextalarm with an Abbra unit that I bought years before for my apartment. Back then there weren’t many choices for DIY (or I didn’t find many). I was happy with the service, but it’s feature-limited for my wants right now.

I'm a bit torn on the 2GIG vs. Qolsys decision. It seems that you have a lot more equipment that I'd need for the 2GIG. For example, I'd want a second panel and a take over module. Are you going to have more equipment soon?

Relatively speaking, yes. Qolsys is releasing a quick fix secondary unit imminently and a ground-up designed secondary keypad later this year. (Probably Q4)

-(2GIG-TAKE-345) I have a VISTA-15-P with four zones (front door, back door, garage door, and all windows) Can all of these (especially all of the windows in one zone) be hooked up to the unit?

Yes. The only spot where you may run into some struggle is if you decide to try and separate out windows into a few zones instead of one. As is it would be easy.

I also looked at the wiring diagram and it looks like I can use the power and battery from the existing box for both this and the (2GIG-TS1-E). BTW, would it be a good practice to replace the battery?

You would use the old panel and battery charging circuit to power the Takeover Module, yes, but not the TS1. While you technically can, I would strongly recommend using the included transformer for warranty purposes. And yes, I would recommend replacing the brick battery up front. It may not technically be necessary depending on the health of the battery, but I find it is always best to start with a fresh one to minimize early issues, especially given it isn’t an expensive component.

I've got 4 strands of 22 gauge going from the main box to this. I'm assuming I can use those lines for power and then use the diagram in the (2GIG-TAKE-345) to hook these all up. Correct?

There are a couple ways you can hook up the (2GIG-TAKE-345). You can leave one conductor of each of your sensor wires connected to the GND/LO/CMN terminals (however they are labeled) and simply wire the other conductors one by one into the zone inputs on the Takeover module. The other choice is to splice all the GND/LO/CMN sensor circuit conductors together and wire them with the Takeover module’s GND terminal. Either is fine. Given the circumstance one may be easier than the other. If you find that the cables are longer than you need you can of course cut and reuse a length of one for the + - 12v power for the Take.

Is this really the only way to get the system on my home network? It doesn't have built in wifi?

No, the Go!Control panel does not have built-in wifi, but the same XCVR Transceiver you need for the TS1 works for the Bridge.

(2GIG-SMKT3-345) x2 since my current wired detectors are not compatible with the (2GIG-TAKE-345)

Correct, the wired smokes would not work with the Take.

(821LM) One of my OCD things it the garage door. I've got an earlier 2000s Genie Intellicode Series 1 door

I think this is everyone’s OCD thing, at least mine as well. I cannot tell you how many times I circled the block at my previous house to drive past again and make sure I shut the garage. In any case, correct, the 821 kit. If you have a second door, make sure to get an extra LM tilt sensor.

I'd also like the ability to eventually add home automation and video and it looks like this supports it. I eventually want to add locks too, but all my locks are chrome (not brushed) and the only chrome ones are Kwikset. What are your thoughts about the smartkey vulnerability?

I am no locksmith, but I will say ALL locks have vulnerabilities. If the physical mechanism is of concern and you can compromise on the finish, Yale makes a keyless version.