Kwikset lock user codes via ADC app or web?

i read Jason’s comments too late, had already bought a kwikset 912. Got it installed ok, and locks/unlocks via the ADC phone app and web.
The Kwikset instructions show how to set 4-8 digit user codes on the lock, but they recommend setting all codes via the z-wave controller.

Does the 2Gig GC3 panel, or the ADC software have capability to set/change user codes in the lock?

thanks,
AllenT

Does the 2Gig GC3 panel, or the ADC software have capability to set/change user codes in the lock?

You can set codes from either one, but you should always use Alarm.com to ensure that all codes are synced appropriately between the back-end, panel, and lock.

To add codes simply go to the Users page in the Alarm.com website and you can edit existing users or create new ones, and while editing a particular user you select to give lock access, panel access, or both.

See this video for the process of adding users in Alarm.com

Hi Warren,
Being impatient <g>, I already set a master code, and several user codes into the lock directly.
Do I need to delete them on the lock, or reset the lock, before I update the ADC website users page?

Thanks for your help, you folks are great!
A

You should not need to delete them, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to delete the codes at the lock. (most locks will need a local master code, that’s fine) The lock should have the user code slots overwritten by the codes sent through Alarm.com, but there can be issues with some locks if the code slot does not match between the panel and lock.

It is generally best practice to add all codes through ADC only.

>>…it wouldn’t be a bad idea to delete the codes at the lock …

i’m feeling pretty dense; reading the manual on the 912 series, i can add codes, or overwrite them, but i don’t understand any method of deleting codes at the lock. only option seems to be factory reset.

what did i miss reading?
thanks,
A

To manually delete a code individually, you need to overwrite it with a new one, so a factory default would be the way to go in that case.

It is not necessary exactly, but it is always best practice to add all the codes through Alarm.com and there can be user code slot mismatches if you make changes at the lock, though they are rare.

ok, just want to make sure i do it right:

1. on GC3 panel, remove zwave device
  2. on Kwikset lock, reset to factory defaults
  3. on Kwisket lock, enter Master Code (but no user codes)
  4. on GC3 panel, add zwave device
  5. on ADC, enable lock control on user pages
  6. on ADC, revisit rules, notifications, etc

did i miss anything obvious or important?
thanks,
A

That should do it.