Knock off 2 gig dw10-345 on ebay.

https://www.shopihs.com/

Is his Web site.

The prices are msrp.

Ebay has become such a crap sales market. They protect the sellers way too much. If your resolve the dispute the have so much more protection.

I will tell you what I think is going on…. He is buying the generic WC10 knockoff sensors online from a Chinese distributor in bulk ($10 for 16 sensors or $0.62 a sensor), and then selling them to suckers on ebay as DW10 sensors at a markup price of around $15 a sensor.

The minimum quantity on this particular site is 100 pieces… so around $70 for 112 WC10-345 sensors. sell to suckers on ebay in lots of 10 for $150…$6.20 actual cost, $143.80 profit.

It is a good little hustle if you are a bit shady and disreputable, but still illegal as hell in any event.

Ebay has become such a crap sales market. They protect the sellers way too much. If your resolve the dispute the have so much more protection.

Negative feedback and the threat that ebay will shut them down if their feedback drops below a certain threshold is all some of them care about.

I ordered something from ebay, didn’t get what I ordered, and did negative feedback. Seller said he would send the correct item, but wanted me to change feedback first.

I said NO. I told him when I received the item described that I ordered I would change the feedback.

Trust me when I say if you leave negative feedback in this situation, the seller will be more inclined to work with you as he has no negative feedback.

Now if you have already submitted positive feedback, then you are SOL.

That is the way ebay works. caveat emptor.

Ebay except:

Your previous message
No.

I am not repaying for what I already purchased, and I am not revising feedback until I receive the correct item. When I receive the item that I ordered, then I will change the feedback to reflect that.

If you wanted the feedback faster, you should have sent the correct item faster.

lakeyx101:
Tks for your understanding!
I have resent new one to you by HongKong airmail,it usually takes 15-30 days to be delivered
could u pls help me revise the bad feedback to a positive one???
it is very important for me.or do u agree my refunding u first so not to make u worried??
after u get it then pls repay for it, ok???
wait for u,
have a nice day

Your previous message
I will not revise feedback until I receive what I ordered.

I suggest you send the correct item quickly then.

I’m not sure I see anything illegal here but it does appear to be walking the line with the eBay replica policy.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

If you thought you were buying actual 2GIG sensors then it sounds like they need to be more clear in their product title and description.

Counterfeit items and gear that weren’t made by the manufacturer that the items are labeled with…I assume 2GIG has trademarks, and/or intellectual property rights to the designs, names of their sensors and gear…

These are not 2GIG DW10’s

and neither are these

Zhang Wei’s Genuine StuffComing to a basement near you!

Relax and have a Heimekem.

Fake Beer

Gonna grab one of these knockoffs. They’re much cheaper, just hope they’ll pair up. If they work OK with the GC2 I’ll post back. Want to make a couple shock sensors.

I’m new to this forum and was wondering if there may be vulnerability (to hackers and thieves) involved when using these sensors from unknown ebay sellers? Can they implant something on a device to give them access to your GC2 panel?

Can they implant something on a device to give them access to your GC2 panel?

345mhz signals cannot control a panel, but are status transmissions. I hesitate to say it would be impossible to spoof a signal this way, but it would be extraordinarily round-about. For one they would not know who would be buying it.

Jason, that’s a relief to know since ebay sells things a lot cheaper than established retailers, and I bet there are even distributors who buy those stuff.

Another question, what about buying garage door controllers (GD00Z) or Door Locks from unknown ebay sellers? I imagine the seller can do something to the unit so that they can have access to open that particular controller itself? Do those controllers/door locks also use the same 345mhz signal even if they are controlling something?

Z-wave and sensor transmission protocols are not long range transmission protocols. Spoofing or controlling a device would require presence.

To actually control the panel or devices from a remote location you need access to the Alarm.com account or other back-end service the panel uses.

I imagine the seller can do something to the unit so that they can have access to open that particular controller itself?

This is not something I would be concerned about. If there is a concern, I would advise purchasing from a reputable retailer.

The likely scenario when purchasing used products is receiving a malfunctioning device, a video camera locked to another Alarm.com account, a panel which was powered down in an alarm state, a device missing a part, or a device long past its warranty which has been sitting on a shelf for years.

I would recommend very strongly to never buy life safety devices from individual sellers or non-reputable dealers. All electronic devices will have a reasonably expected lifespan before replacement is necessary, but smoke detectors and CO detectors have very specific end of life dates when they should be replaced. You are very likely to receive a device half way or more through its lifespan if buying from a non-reputable source.

Do those controllers/door locks also use the same 345mhz signal even if they are controlling something?

345mhz is used for sensor signals. Z-wave is a different communication protocol. It is the communication method the panels use for home automation devices. This link is a good place to get info on Z-wave as a whole.

Great info, thanks again!