Keyfob programming question

I recently added an additional keyfob to my system, and I thought I followed all the proper steps the same as before when I originally programmed the system.

When I look at my Alarm.com Devices list, some of my keyfob’s are listed as “portable panic” and the new one is listed as “Auxillary panic”.

It functions properly but I am not sure it is programmed correctly.

Secondly, if I go in and adjust the programming of an existing keyfob should I be changing the “equipment age” to (1) for existing?

Thanks in advance

For specific instructions we would need to know the model of alarm panel you are using, but in general Keyfobs will have different emergency key programming options.

In your case, an Auxiliary Panic is typically used as a medical alert. Portable Panic would refer to Burglary Panic.

So, for example on a 2GIG Go!Control Panel, (which it sounds like might be the panel) you would change Fob Emergency Key programming field to your choice of Disabled, Auxiliary, Audible Panic, Silent Panic, and Fire. Audible and Silent are both Burglary.

Secondly, if I go in and adjust the programming of an existing keyfob should I be changing the “equipment age” to (1) for existing?

Equipment Age does not affect functionality and is mostly just for record keeping.

Thanks for your help.

I have the 2GIG-GC2 panel.

I was actually wondering if I had programmed the “emergency key (0-4)” field incorrectly.

I actually remember from years ago having an APX then Vivint panel it being set to 2 or 3. Seems like it was 2 because holding both keys down triggered a panic alarm that would immediately initiate an automatic police dispatch.

It’s nice being able to program these panels without being tied to a provider, but, sometimes all the fields can be overwhelming.

It’s nice to have you here for help.

We’re always happy to help out.