KeyFob Default Programming / Open Window in Stay

Does anyone know how to switch the keyfob programming parameters ?
So the 1st button press defaults to away, instead of 1st button press = stay, and then a slightly longer press(secondary press) = away.

Maybe it’s because I have 2 panels/system in the same space, but I have noticed there is a very slight (micro) lag in response when using the keyfob and literally standing 3 feet from the Qolsys panel. The same location where I am standing, and my older panel 1 floor below, it responds instant to the same press on the keyfob.

Second Qolsys question. What would you say is best practice for a window that remains open in Stay Mode. I have it set of Group 16, which seems the most logical to me.

Does anyone know how to switch the keyfob programming parameters ?

You cannot change the keyfob signals sent by specific button presses.

Maybe it’s because I have 2 panels/system in the same space, but I have noticed there is a very slight (micro) lag in response when using the keyfob and literally standing 3 feet from the Qolsys panel. The same location where I am standing, and my older panel 1 floor below, it responds instant to the same press on the keyfob.

There will be differences from one system to the next. I’m not sure this needs troubleshooting.

What would you say is best practice for a window that remains open in Stay Mode. I have it set of Group 16, which seems the most logical to me.

16 would be fine for a window you intend to leave open when armed stay. Group 16 is armed only when the panel is armed Away.

Alternatively, an option to open/crack your windows and still arm the system and use the window sensor can be found here.