Key Fob alarm deactivation

If an alarm is set off and the intruder finds a key fob, can that be used to disable the alarm once activated? My concern - if we got lazy and left the keys with the key fob on the counter and someone broke in - can they simply disable the alarm with that or would it require the code to be punched into the control panel and/or voice confirmation to disable?

Thanks,

Scott

If an alarm is set off and the intruder finds a key fob, can that be used to disable the alarm once activated?

A fob can be used to disarm panel. a manual code entry is not required to my knowledge.

I don’t use fobs myself. I use mobile commands, and mobile devices are password protected, so even if an intruder got ahold of one in home, they cant send a disarm command.

Excellent - didn’t even think about skipping the Fobs for Smart Phone app.

Thanks!

Scott

I definitely prefer the app over a key fob for security purposes. However, if you want to use a key fob with 2GIG there are a couple programming options that can help.

https://www.2gig.com/pdf/product-info/2GIG%20CPV1.10_InstallGuide.pdf

In the RF KEY FOB PROGRAMMING STEPS section on page 39: Select Fob (3) key 2 can disarm (0-1). Disabling this is highly recommended if you’re going to leave the key fob lying around the house or mounted on the wall, so it can’t be used to disarm.

In the CONTROL PANEL PROGRAMMING QUESTIONS section on page 53: Q-73 Select disarming keyfob after alarm (alert) (0-1). This says that if you enter with a keyfob and disarm but the alarm has already sounded (someone might be in the house) it alerts you with 4 beeps, telling you to proceed with caution or get out.

Key fobs are meant to be carried on your person, not left lying in the house. Leaving a keyfob in the house without disabling disarming on that fob is a security vulnerability.

Excellent info -

Thank you Ryan

Scott