Issues with Takeover switch and 2GIG GC3

I am having trouble connecting a takeover switch to the GC3. I realized the next day that I had switched the positive and negative DC connections. Can that fry the board or is there reverse voltage protection? The learn button works and lights up for 3+ seconds when pushed, but the panel won’t learn the device when a zone is tripped.

Thanks!

Just to confirm, are you working with the 2GIG-TAKE-345? While damage is possible, that is not the recommended installation method for a TAKE-345, so the issue may not be irreversible.

This video goes over how to install a TAKE-345. This is a GC2 video, but the same basic process goes into the GC3.

You’ll want to manually add all zones to the GC3, typing in the serial numbers per instructions.

Zone 1 will be the TXID on the TAKE. This will always end in “1”

The following zones will be the same TXID except the last digit changes to match the zone input on the TAKE:

Zone 1 = xxxxxx1
Zone 2 = xxxxxx2
xxxxxx3
xxxxxx4
xxxxxx5, etc.

All TAKE-345 zones should be Loop 1.

Once you have all the zones added in programming, power up the TAKE-345, then reboot the GC3. Sensor activity should then register at the GC3.

Do you already know which zones contain which sensors?

That’s correct; I am using the TAKE-345. And I completely understand it’s not the recommended installation method. I just got my wires crossed (literally and figuratively) and switched the positive and negative.

I did manually program the zones in the TAKE-345 (I had 4 zones; 2 doors and 2 active glass break detectors), following the directions and ensuring the correct TXID and loop 1. I have also rebooted the TAKE-345 and GC3. As I continued having issues, I disconnected the glass break detectors to try and keep things simple.

Is there a way to test if the TAKE-345 is fried? As I mentioned, pushing the ‘learn’ button on it results in the LED lighting up for the correct amount of time.

Thanks!

I did manually program the zones in the TAKE-345 (I had 4 zones; 2 doors and 2 active glass break detectors), following the directions and ensuring the correct TXID and loop 1.

Thank you for confirming. Just to be sure, did you reboot the GC3 after powering up the TAKE? The GC3 should be rebooted after the TAKE is to troubleshoot.

Unplug the transformer, then unplug the internal battery. Wait 30 seconds, plug in the battery, then plug in the transformer.

Is there a way to test if the TAKE-345 is fried?

You would need to test the Zone inputs and G.

You could isolate any other possible issues by powering down the TAKE, disconnecting zone 1 wires, taking a short jumper wire and connecting it directly between G and Zone input 1. Program it as an Entry Exit Zone.

Power up the TAKE, then power cycle the GC3.

If you remove the wire in Zone 1 input on the TAKE then, does it show open on the panel?