Issues with Chamberlain MyQ Hub

My Chamberlain MyQ Hub is showing malfunction status when I view my devices on the alarm.com website. It also is not registering correctly as open/closed in the alarm.com app.

However, when I send the command to open the garage door, it opens. A few minutes after it opens I receive an error message that the command timed out. Do you know what would cause this issue? Do I need to remove it from my account, factory reset the device and install again?

Thank you.

If the garage door opener is in malfunction, but the gateway is not, this means that the opener is having trouble communicating with the gateway.

Which device do you have?

The first thing you will want to try is to open and close the garage via the garage door’s associated wall control. Manually updating the status of the garage door can restore communication. After doing so, any change?

It does not make a difference when I control it manually.

I have a craftsman garage door opener so I use the Chamberlain MYQ-GO201. The WiFi hub mounts on my ceiling in proximity to the garage opener and then has the separate door sensor on the garage door itself.

Whether it reads correctly open or closed in the app, it controls the door when I send the command. Then a few minutes later I receive the error message (screenshot attached).

Thank you for confirming the product. The issue here is likely to be related to a low battery in the MyQ tilt sensor attached to the garage door. The device does not produce a low battery warning, it will typically just report a malfunction. What you will want to do is replace the battery in the tilt sensor itself. The tilt sensor uses a Lithium CR2450 3V battery. After replacing the battery and opening/closing the garage, any change?

That did it! Everything appears to be back to normal.

The tilt sensor was the first thing I checked but since it lit up and beeped when pressing the button I thought it was good.

Thank you for your help!

Same issue, different model garage door but still using the MyQ Hub. I replaced the battery on my tilt sensor, but it’s still showing a low battery notification in the alarm.com hub. Is there some process after changing the battery that has to be done to reset the low battery indicator? I’ve opened the garage door since changing the battery using the wall mounted button, but that doesn’t seem to have reset anything.

Same issue, different model garage door but still using the MyQ Hub. I replaced the battery on my tilt sensor, but it’s still showing a low battery notification in the alarm.com hub. Is there some process after changing the battery that has to be done to reset the low battery indicator? I’ve opened the garage door since changing the battery using the wall mounted button, but that doesn’t seem to have reset anything

When replacing the battery, leave the batteries out of the sensor for a full 30 seconds before reinserting the new battery. Does this resolve the report? A device may not bleed its charge quickly enough for it to sense and report a new battery installed.

Also be sure to verify the polarity.

I removed the battery for 1 minute, and then put it back in. Still showing the device low battery when I log in to alarm.com and the ADC app. Is there anything else I can do to reset the alert? When I’ve gotten it in the past, I thought it just kind of resolved itself a few hours after replacing the battery, but it’s been several days since I first put the new battery in, and several hours since I pulled the battery out for 1 minute and then put it back in.

Are you getting other signals out of the detector? Does it report tamper when opened?

A persistent low-battery warning is a very common complaint on chamberlain’s myq forums. There have been a number of angry owners fantasizing about a class action lawsuits over this issue.

Are you getting other signals out of the detector? Does it report tamper when opened?

From the tilt sensor? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a tamper alert. Where would those show up anyways, on my IQ Panel 2?

From the tilt sensor? I don’t think I’ve ever noticed a tamper alert. Where would those show up anyways, on my IQ Panel 2?

My bad, I had a moment of stupidity thinking it was a panel sensor. I guess the question is if the Tilt sensor is correctly updating ADC with state changes on the door. If the door opens does it report open right away?

If not, or if you cannot get the low battery status to resolve by sending other signals, you might be able to manually remove that alert by having us delete that door so you can re-add it.