Issue with Z-Wave Repeater reporting Malfunction

we keep getting an error in the web portal of Malfunction (Repeater Pool house) but not on our main panel.

Happy to help!

A malfunction is typically indicative of a signalling issue, in this case between the repeater and the panel.

What is the make and model of the repeater?

Has the repeater been removed from power recently, is it currently plugged in?

Environmental factors can interfere with signalling, such as metal in the environment. Has the environment between the repeater and the main panel changed in some way that might obstruct signalling, like metal?

I’m attempting to send commands to check the status of your device but they are not going through at this time. Can you power cycle your panel completely at this time?

So I moved the repeater closer to the main panel and then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it is working fine with no errors on the main panel, however the web portal states: Malfunction (Repeater Pool house) what is causing this to report this error.

Commands to check the status of your device have been sent again but are not going through at this time. Were you able to power cycle your main panel?