ISC West 2017

Jason, FYI, I’m not seeing the irrigation card in the app…can you help me with that?

To keep the thread uncluttered please send an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com should you have Gold Interactive Service and do not see Irrigation. I’ve forwarded this request to them though and it looks like it has already been added. You may need to log out and log back in to check.

Sorry about that but thank you, I do see it now.

Some site has them for purchase: http://www.all2gig.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=17663

I wonder if that new auxiliary panel will have a speaker in it? I have been waiting for a secondary panel that chimes when the door opens and sounds when the alarm goes off.

I wonder if that new auxiliary panel will have a speaker in it? I have been waiting for a secondary panel that chimes when the door opens and sounds when the alarm goes off.

We’re told that yes, they have this functionality.

Thanks for all the info. Do the new sub-panels only communicate with the GC3 via WiFi? I really like the GC2 having a non-WiFi communication protocol.

Well, 345 is in the part number, but it’s hard to imagine they could have all the same functionality on the frequency shared by the sensors. I haven’t called 2GIG to ask though.

I understand the tablet version is WiFi only. I’m not sure about the other one.

The secondary panels for GC3 communicate via Wifi

That’s a little disappointing. I’ve always like the fact that my system has been completely independent of wifi and really, the internet in general.

If it’s wifi dependent, then we need to have battery backups on wifi access points now.

The TS1 has never had long lasting battery backup, and more recent versions with the barrel plug do not have a battery tray. Secondary panels are a lower priority for power outages as they do not have any critical communication requirement.

I do in general prefer separate distinct comm radios, but we expected to see more panels start using wifi as wifi coverage becomes less of a bottleneck.

Jason, any literature available yet on these new secondary panels? Cut sheets or operating manuals?

Thanks

No, we’ve not seen docs yet. 2GIG does not have it listed as a product yet on their site. Typically they will be available shortly before release. 2GIG stated late May. We’ll see if 2GIG will release any yet.

Yeah, this was pretty big for me. Having the distinct communication channel was nice.

Don’t know if this should be a concern but does using wifi open the system up to any vulnerabilities?

My distributor said 2GIG plans to ship the tablet style model on the 15th.

Don’t know if this should be a concern but does using wifi open the system up to any vulnerabilities?

This is pretty difficult to answer without a production device and docs being available to test, but the general answer is: likely not any more concerning than any wireless system.

As far as wifi goes, Network Router security is very important.

Any word on the availability of the secondary panel for the GC3?

I stumbled upon what appears to be the spec sheet on the web (although the product availability blurb seems to be for a different product), and was hoping you guys might have an update. I have been waiting to make my purchase of a system until a secondary panel for the GC3 becomes available.

Spec sheet can be viewed here: http://www.allsecurityelectronics.net/PDF/2Gig/2GIG-SP2-345.pdf
and a different site has info on it here: https://www.wave-electronics.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=64305&ds=dept&process=search&qdx=0&ID=,Browse.by.Manufacturer,2GIG.TECHNOLOGIES,Panels

The SP2 should be shipping soon from 2GIG, however I do not have an ETA on when it would be available through suretyDIY yet. We typically do not add items for pre-order, so it will not be available on our store until we have units ourselves.

It sounds like they should be starting to ship within the next week or so, so it shouldn’t be long.

Keep in mind this first panel is the Tablet style with limited functions. The full-function secondary panel, SP1, is expected later this summer.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I plan on getting the full function secondary panel, but would also want the tablet style for the basement so can arm/disarm the system.

I am assuming that the main functions of the tablet are: arm/disarm, and that it will provide feedback (voice/chime) when doors are opened? This is mainly what I want for the basement as I was concerned that I would not be able to hear the main panel upstairs…