Is there any planned EOL for older IQPanel2?

My home currently uses the original IQPanel2 (not the plus). Affectionally, I call this the “IQPanel 2 Minus”. I was one of the first IQ Panel 2 installs shortly after it was launched with my prior security provider.

I’m curious if there is any known or published obsolescence date on the horizon for the “IQ Panel 2 Minus” for firmware or accessory support. My panel is well past warranty expiration and I have consider a potential upgrade/migration to the Plus version to gain dual 319.5 + PowerG support given the lack of a daughter card upgrade.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

I’m not aware of a planned end date as far as support goes. Currently firmware releases are applied to both 2/2+.

Are you thinking of replacing your current sensors with PowerG or do you just want PowerG to add a few sensors?

Thanks for the fast reply!

My inquiry was more driven towards whether and upgrade is warranted at this moment in time. PowerG would be a good option - a “nice to have” at this point.

In my house, I do have to use a repeater for a few door sensors. Eliminating a point of failure would be beneficial some point in the near future.

PowerG is objectively better, and it seems to be the strongest focus of the system and Tyco. If you have interest in upgrading, there are certainly benefits. If you had an older system like a Simon it would be a huge upgrade, but you are looking at a more incremental upgrade from the IQ Panel 2 to the 2+. I use PowerG, and I would recommend it.

If you have any Alarm.com Image Sensors, those would no longer work. That is a downside, however PowerG versions of the image motion detector are available instead.