Iqr-pg vs qw9104-840

I currently have an IQ Panel 4 and I’m looking at adding a second panel and have three questions.

1. I noticed there are the IQR-PG and qw9104-840 and I’m wondering what are the main differences between them and is one preferred over the other.

2. If I get the qw9104-840, it runs on 7V so can I power both the IQ Panel 4 and the qw9104-840, using the same transformer or would I need to have a separate 7v transformer for each?

3. If I get the IQR-PG, it runs on 12v so I’m wondering if that can be powered via my PG9WLSHW8 outs.

thx

The IQR-PG is the new model of the remote which has both PowerG and Wifi connection options for the panel.

It is not compatible with the IQ Panel 2 at this time, but it is compatible with the IQ Panel 4. It has been marketed as having improved wifi connectivity as well. With both PowerG and improved wifi as options the IQR-PG has a wider possible installation range without needing wifi extenders, etc.

If I get the qw9104-840, it runs on 7V so can I power both the IQ Panel 4 and the qw9104-840, using the same transformer or would I need to have a separate 7v transformer for each?

No. Please do not power the panels with anything other than the included power supply, and do not share one power supply for both. This will not provide adequate current for the panels.

Always use the power supply included with the device.

If I get the IQR-PG, it runs on 12v so I’m wondering if that can be powered via my PG9WLSHW8 outs.

No. The outputs of the IQ Hardwire PowerG do not supply the same amperage. Always use the power supply included with the device.