IQ4 Voice Announce iq4

I just switched from a GC3 to an IQ4. We like to voice announce for windows and doors when they open. Is there a way to shut off the announce when they close? Also it seems that my zwave announces. So I get Garage Door Unlocked and immediately Garage Door Opened… Then Garage door closed, Garage door locked… To much.

Also, once I programed in a sensor, I dont see a way to go back and shut off voice announce. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

I just switched from a GC3 to an IQ4. We like to voice announce for windows and doors when they open. Is there a way to shut off the announce when they close?

Only sensors programmed as Local Safety zones will announce on closed.

Also it seems that my zwave announces. So I get Garage Door Unlocked and immediately Garage Door Opened… Then Garage door closed, Garage door locked… To much

You can disable Z-wave voice announcement in the Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound menu.

Also, once I programed in a sensor, I dont see a way to go back and shut off voice announce. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

You can turn off all voice announcements in the Settings > Advanced Settings > Sound menu, or to adjust individual sensors go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Installation > Devices > Security Sensors > Edit Sensor. You can disable voice announcement on each individually

Hello,

Are there any plans to update to announce on closed for door and windows?

I’m setting my iq4 up right now coming from them 3 letter ppl we will not name.

I actually listen for the closed confirmation as an indication contact is made no issues.

As well as it appears there is no light visual indication that there is an open circuit.

Example: my old system the green status light would blink when a circuit is open as a visual so you can notice if your not at the panel and see the writing. Is that a feature I don’t have turned on and or is there any planes to update that?

Happy to pass feedback to Qolsys. Regarding these things though, only sensors programmed as Local Safety zones will announce on closed status. The panel will display the open zone status in the sensor list on the right side of the screen. It will not flash its LED continually if a zone is left open.

Instead, you can set up notifications in Alarm.com which remind you via text sms, push notification, or email when a sensor is left open for a specified amount of time, so that you know the status whether or not your panel is in line of sight.

Wow that was quick…. See yall already better then them other ppl. Lol

Thank you for sending that feedback over to qolsys and I will setup the notifications in mean time.

Thanks.