IQ4 Panel won't Power On after 24 hours

Hey there.

(I suspect there is something wrong with my power adapter)

Yesterday, I received my IQ4 Panel and began setting it up.

When first powering it up, I noticed that I had to plug in the battery before the panel itself would boot. During setup, the panel did say it was receiving power from the wall (I forgot what the exact term it used was).

Everything worked as expected and I left the location for the evening.

Overnight, the panel lost power and now I cannot get it to boot at all.

I suspect the panel was initially feeding off the backup batteries power.

If this sounds like an A/C adapter issue, what do I do to troubleshoot it?

On the power adapter I received, the red connector is wired to the positive side of the adapter, and the black connector is wired to the negative side. Is this correct?

SOS

Are you using the barrel connector for the power supply?

Plug in the panel transformer and then after a little bit, press and hold the side button on the panel for about 10 seconds. Is there any activity at all?

I am using the barrel connector. Had it plugged in for about an hour and nothing happens when pressing the button on the side anymore.

I even tried to hardwire it and omit the barrel jack and that didn’t work either.

Wish I had a voltmeter with me to measure if the power adapter is working at all.

• Have you tested multiple outlets?

• Is the current outlet switched off?

• If you are able to test the power supply with a voltmeter, what is the reading?

In either case (panel, or power supply failure) the panel would be replaced under warranty.

Multiple known working outlets have been tried.

I realized I had a battery tester (one used for 9V, AAA, AA, etc. batteries). Off a guesstimate, based on what the battery tester was showing, the power supply seems to be working properly.

90% sure its something with the panel now. :frowning:

Is there any more advanced troubleshooting steps I can do with the panel? Or is it warranty time?

Thank you for that information. Based on the troubleshooting done, we will want to start the warranty process. I have followed up via private message with additional details.